Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOS Score 039 101 275
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Happened to find one of these on a fluke. Rare that it even came up. The taco plate is now available new from Porsche, the cover shown here is NLA.
JeffBowlsby
Possible for RD to make these? This cover and the two sheet metal clips for the oil temp sender cable on the 73-76 cars.

@peteyd
Morrie
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Mar 10 2021, 05:09 PM) *

Possible for RD to make these? This cover and the two sheet metal clips for the oil temp sender cable on the 72-76 cars.

@peteyd

Would be nice if they would. I've been looking for some time for one.
peteyd
For sure we can do it. Timeline is 8 months away.

Pete
bdstone914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 10 2021, 04:44 PM) *

Happened to find one of these on a fluke. Rare that it even came up. The taco plate is now available new from Porsche, the cover shown here is NLA.

Want to sell it? I have an orphan taco plate

@914sixer
914Sixer
Going to wait and see if Peter needs it to scan to the computer.
Mark Henry
I could also use a couple of these, the tabs are often broken off.

There's also a small bolt on clip for the wire, this is often missing and would make a nice complete set.
Morrie
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 11 2021, 12:19 PM) *

There's also a small bolt on clip for the wire, this is often missing and would make a nice complete set.

I bet we could come up with enough commitments to at least give RD an idea of interest. I suspect most of the 912E guys are missing this, and it is probably a good bet anyone updating to add a temp gauge too. I have seen the billet temp sender taco plate replacements, but I think I prefer the original which at least sits at an angle.

I read somewhere (don't you love a statement that starts with those words!) that the cover plate missing does cool the sender to some degree causing the readings to be lower than actual, hence the reason for the cover. Don't know about that, but its missing and it bugs me. confused24.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Morrie @ Mar 11 2021, 03:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 11 2021, 12:19 PM) *

I bet we could come up with enough commitments to at least give RD an idea of interest. I suspect most of the 912E guys are missing this, and it is probably a good bet anyone updating to add a temp gauge too. I have seen the billet temp sender taco plate replacements, but I think I prefer the original which at least sits at an angle.

I read somewhere (don't you love a statement that starts with those words!) that the cover plate missing does cool the sender to some degree causing the readings to be lower than actual, hence the reason for the cover. Don't know about that, but its missing and it bugs me. confused24.gif

I have no evidence to prove it, but I always thought it was there to protect the sender from road debris and to hold the wire on.

bdstone914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 11 2021, 11:39 AM) *

@914sixer

I checked my stash and I dont need it. I have two complete ones.
Morrie
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 11 2021, 05:21 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 11 2021, 11:39 AM) *

@914sixer

I checked my stash and I dont need it. I have two complete ones.

I could use it if you are selling! :-).
Superhawk996
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 11 2021, 12:44 PM) *

Going to wait and see if Peter needs it to scan to the computer.

aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Suspect there is at least a limited market for these between 914, 912, bus crowd. Sure would be nice to see them reproduced.
914werke
QUOTE(Morrie @ Mar 10 2021, 04:50 PM) *

Dint mean to step on your thread Mark but,
@Morrie
I guess Im not doing enough marketing OE Assembly HERE
Morrie
QUOTE(914werke @ Mar 11 2021, 08:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Morrie @ Mar 10 2021, 04:50 PM) *

Dint mean to step on your thread Mark but,
@Morrie
I guess Im not doing enough marketing OE Assembly HERE

All the parts show backordered. I don’t need the whole assembly, just the cover.
bdstone914

Possible for RD to make these? This cover and the two sheet metal clips for the oil temp sender cable on the 73-76 cars.

@peteyd

@JeffBowlsby

Are you making the wire harness for the taco plate? I could get the clips make by my local fab shop. Would need to have a couple hundred done. I would make them out of stainless.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 12 2021, 08:00 AM) *

@peteyd

@JeffBowlsby

Are you making the wire harness for the taco plate? I could get the clips make by my local fab shop. Would need to have a couple hundred done. I would make them out of stainless.

Yes, its just a single wire green/black stripe in casing. I have made them for years as a replacement to those that have the clips. Being able to have a source for the whole assembly for everyone would be great.
914Sixer
AA has reproduced the sending unit for $29
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.