Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
Click to view attachment

The accel cable comes in LOW. You can see the flywheel end of the engine, so it comes from that direction. Causing the pictured linkage to go DOWN. But the connection to the butterfly has to go up 1st.

What is going on here?

All brand new stuff, Weber IDF 40s with redline hex linkage. No instructions for any of it. I did get an exploded view drawing of the linkage. But it does not help too much. Again, it is a TIV engine going in my VW Bus.

I found lots of pix of dual carbs, but never a pic of this connection.

Does anyone have a GEOMETRY drawing of how this thing goes together?
Mike D.
There are different versions of the butterfly lever. Here is the one in my bus.
malcolm2
Well that makes sense. So you think the vendor or Weber just sent me the wrong parts?

What a CF this whole purchase was.... Ordered in October.... back ordered, but they never let me know. Once I did call they kept saying 1 more month over and over. Just got them in February and now this.
malcolm2
How about this.... is this wonky too? I have since swapped the air filter bases to move the linkage connection to the other side. I assume that decreases the cable angle a bit.

But maybe it doesn't matter. But with no directions, who really knows.

Click to view attachment
malcolm2
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Mar 10 2021, 06:25 PM) *

There are different versions of the butterfly lever. Here is the one in my bus.

Hey, BTW is the lever on the drivers side also pointing towards the center of the engine?
malcolm2
Well after several days, i did get an email from the vendor. Turns out a non-square bar is normal. His semi rude answer was, “it doesn’t matter run it that way”. And after digging i found 2 extra brackets that fixed my direction issue. They bolt on to the butterfly bracket. Who knew?

Click to view attachment
Mike D.
Why Yes... However, I'm not sure where I got these. I bought several linkage kits(CSP, SCAT, swap meet), for a pair of DCNFs, and never got what I needed for those. So I had a bunch of pieces to choose from when I did this.
Click to view attachment

I will be swapping all this out soon for this though. ↓
Mike D.
Don't over tighten that nut!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Mar 10 2021, 11:20 PM) *

Why Yes... However, I'm not sure where I got these. I bought several linkage kits(CSP, SCAT, swap meet), for a pair of DCNFs, and never got what I needed for those. So I had a bunch of pieces to choose from when I did this.
IPB Image

I will be swapping all this out soon for this though. ↓

Lanner built this cable linkage kit, you likely bought it off thesamba.
malcolm2
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Mar 10 2021, 10:23 PM) *

Don't over tighten that nut!

Yes, it is tuff to get it just right. The return spring also tends to be problematic. But a light touch on the nut and the lock washer did the trick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.