Full Version: Converted my Fog Lights To LED $10
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pcdarks
What do you think? Click to view attachment
DavidSweden
Tell us more
wattele
This is cheap!
Are you satisfied with the results and where can I order them?

Willy drooley.gif
pt_700
since one of mine is out (probably bulb), i want in!
pcdarks
I had these lights from a motorcycle I restored. Any BA20 base fits. It's slightly smaller so tweaking the tabs on the base will tighten it. This is a high/low beam bulb so I bent the contact on the base to contact only the back element. You could light up both sides but it would be very bright. I also had to cut off part of the top to fit the front shade. you can buy them here. (EDIT) I see they are out of stock so do a search

https://www.amazon.com/EverBrightt-2-Pack-L...la-401033957705
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
bdstone914
What does the light pattern look like? I tried some LEDs any the pattern was way off as they distribute the light differently.
pcdarks
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 11 2021, 01:24 PM) *

What does the light pattern look like? I tried some LEDs any the pattern was way off as they distribute the light differently.

I'm using these as a daytime running light so pattern doesn't matter to me.
Pops71Por
this is plug n play? I was having issues trying to come up with day lights and was told i needed to add a resister within the wiring, so had stopped. This looks like a great safety option to have them on as running lights
pcdarks
QUOTE(Pops71Por @ Mar 11 2021, 01:55 PM) *

this is plug n play? I was having issues trying to come up with day lights and was told i needed to add a resister within the wiring, so had stopped. This looks like a great safety option to have them on as running lights

Follow the few steps I outlined and plug them in. I also slightly rewired my fog light switch to come on with the ignition and not the headlights..
Brian Fuerbach
Here is a link to a pair of LED bulbs that I used that require no modifications. The LED's are positioned 360 degrees around the bulb to make use of the deflector. Both the hi and lo contacts were made without any mods.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H2W13G...=UTF8&psc=1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.