Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sacramento bumper shops
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raw1298
Is there a place in Sacramento you can get metal bumpers straightened?
DucRS
I hear Sherms Plating in Sac does good work. I sent them some pics of a front bumper that needed a few dings removed and chrome plating, they sent me a quote of $750. I figured that wasn’t too bad. Oh, and they said it would take approximately three months.
raw1298
I just need them straightened. Going to paint them.
bkrantz
Then any competent body shop. And with paint you can use filler for the final surface smoothing, so should be much faster and cheaper.
flat4guy
Classic Chrome on Franklin
ConeDodger
I used AAAbumper repair over by McClellan.
Chris914n6
Oscar offered to straighten and paint black my pair for 2 bills back during his mass re-chroming group offer.
jcd914
I didn't realize there were some many choices here in Sac.

I already have nice set chrome bumpers but I do need a couple of small parts chromed.

@ConeDodger
Rob wasn't there a small chrome shop here that you and Mark used?

Jim

raw1298
Thanks for all the responses!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Mar 12 2021, 05:05 AM) *

I didn't realize there were some many choices here in Sac.

I already have nice set chrome bumpers but I do need a couple of small parts chromed.

@ConeDodger
Rob wasn't there a small chrome shop here that you and Mark used?

Jim

Jim,
Of late, I’ve used Ogden Chrome in Utah. I did use a small shop on the south end of McLellan’s runways called AA or AAA. T won’t be the same owner as he was about to retire when he did both my 914 and my 240Z. I’ve been mostly happy with Ogden and they ship free.

Doesn’t @OscarValco do something with chrome or bumpers?
ValcoOscar
A few good chrome shops remain. I’ve heard the shop in Utah does great work. No idea on cost.
In my case, I did a large GB of Early Bumper repair & re-chroming. Ultimately finished about 130 bumpers. Great results, but hated the lead-times. Sometimes it took two weeks, other times over six weeks. I started by pressure washing, bead blasting, repair to re-thread M8 mounting points, and checked for straightness against a jig Bruce Stone and I made. Then I would send them over to the chrome shop for triple chrome.
Chrome shop has had a few issues with turn-over during the past year so It’s difficult to keep up with my expected quality.
I have 7 bumpers in queue for a mid-west member. Bruce Stone and I have 3 bumpers at chome now. Should have them back any day.
Bottom line, if you a nice straight bumper with no dents that just need re-chroming, and maybe thread repair. I can handle refurbishment for less than $400. Currently, I’m not accepting overly rusty or dented bumpers. Straight bumpers are a breeze. Few dents are okay too.
Let me know if I can help.

BTW... @mb911 is the go-to guy for GT opening modifications prior to chrome.

O

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.