Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who would you recommend for media blasting in New Jersey area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeKopf
My "project" is located in Princeton NJ and I'm able to flat tow the roller.

Can you recommend a shop to do the media blasting?

Who would you recommend to do the 914 specific metal work?

Thanks.

George
mepstein
We used this company for about 6- 911 chassis. They can epoxy prime after blasting. PM me if you have questions. Mark

http://plasticmediablasting.com/html/contact.php
TonyA
Mark 6-911? Could you be more exacting LOL. I have used them also for some larger parts bumpers etc and a boat trailer years ago. They do great work.
mepstein
I would recommend removing undercoating and floor tar yourself. Plastic media isn't very aggressive on those areas. Of course if your undercoating is in good shape, just tell them to work around it or blast enough to just rough up the surface. Pete Martelli was the guy in charge when I used to bring cars there.
rgalla9146
I used Scott Morley from Haskell NJ 973 277 0306
Came to my house and did it in my driveway.
VERY loud.....grouchy neighbors ? forget it.
Used garnet or other media depending on location on car.
GeorgeKopf
Fantastic! Thank you!!!

They are 45 minutes from me so this is perfect.

How about the metal work? My chassis is probably a 7.5 or 8 out of 10. It doesn't need a lot of metal work but I'd love to get an expert to give me their opinion.

Has anybody used Translog? http://www.transloggt.com/

They specialize in Porsches and are about 2 hours away from PlasticMediaBlasting.

Thanks.

George
mepstein
I haven’t used translog myself but other world members have and they have good reviews.
VaccaRabite
I've used Translog (I live a few minutes from there) and they do good work. I've never had them do body work, just mechanical stuff. However, they are fully capable of doing body work too.
Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.