Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 oil tank line confusion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
I will freely admit that being a bit strung out from work is not helping me think clearly here, but for a 2.4 L engine that does not have a front mounted oil cooler are these the right lines to connect Ben’s tank to the engine?

Thanks!

Click to view attachment
mb911
They will work but I have really moved towards the black AN lines as its much easier to mix and match.
Tdskip
Thanks Ben. Could you point me to guide for dummies like me for ballpark links and fittings etc.?

Have you guys started to thaw out at all up there?
mb911
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 12 2021, 04:58 PM) *

Thanks Ben. Could you point me to guide for dummies like me for ballpark links and fittings etc.?

Have you guys started to thaw out at all up there?

Send me an email mid next week with particulars of your setup and I will make a list. I am heading south for a few days.
roblav1
I used 19 and 19/1 on mine and made up the 18 in AN12
Retroracer
As long as the scavenge return hard line is the right type/length you should be good.

- Tony
Mark Henry
That kit the #18/1 is only the soft line return (from engine into tank). Also needed is a long hard line with a 90 degree bend, then it goes around the stock /6 motor mount, to this rubber hose (18/1, left/front) and then on to the tank.
This hard line is not included in this hose kit.
Luke M
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 13 2021, 06:20 AM) *

That kit the #18/1 is only the soft line return (from engine into tank). Also needed is a long hard line with a 90 degree bend, then it goes around the stock /6 motor mount, to this rubber hose (18/1, left/front) and then on to the tank.
This hard line is not included in this hose kit.

Ben makes those too..

https://914-6werkshop.com/product/914-6-engine-hard-line/
Tdskip
Thank you for the information, appreciate the responses.

Is there a recommended oil filter console, and would that vary based on running a front cooler or not using one at all?

Thanks!
mepstein
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 13 2021, 10:10 AM) *

Thank you for the information, appreciate the responses.

Is there a recommended oil filter console, and would that vary based on running a front cooler or not using one at all?

Thanks!

I think Ben is making the oil consoles again.
@MB911
sixnotfour
1973, 911 filter console has a bigger thread for OC 54..
Mark Henry
The console isn't part of the these hoses, except for the GT console.

The 18/1 and stock hard line isn't the set up you want if running to a front cooler as you have to run to a thermostat first, so all this hose will be custom, Ben has the GT lines, some use AN hose, etc.

My build I mostly put together an assortment of hoses because I can and there's no way in hell I'm spending over $1000 (Canadian) for a couple of hoses and the cooler mod. Purists will hate my plumbing, but I'm happy with my result.
Tdskip
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 13 2021, 10:46 AM) *

Is that a higher capacity filter and that is why it is desirable?
Luke M
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 13 2021, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 13 2021, 10:46 AM) *

Is that a higher capacity filter and that is why it is desirable?

Yes.. 2.4 and later 911 engines got this. PMS also sells one.
Direct fit on factory 6 and aftermarket (Bens) tanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.