Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: back dating passenger's seat and
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
I have a '73 but want to replace the backpad and passenger's seat with the early pieces that are non tilting (not important) and with the back section integrated. I haven't started hunting for the pieces yet but is there any reason it couldn't be done? What probs may I encounter?

Doug C
olav

Well, the passenger seat is a compound seat where the ass fitting part is bolted to tub via 4 bolts that stick out of the tub. I don't know if you have those or how the current seat rails are attached though. That back part sits in the backpad.

If you have the four protruding bolts I guess it should be easy to retrofit.

Don't have any pics, could take them this weekend though.
markb
With the exception of not being set up for the seatbelt, the backpad would not be a problem. It might even work with the seatbelt retracter in there. The seat bottom won't fit with the adjustable mounts in place. You'll need to grind those out, and put in bolts or studs to attatch the early seat bottom. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who likes the look of the early seat.
SirAndy
QUOTE (olav @ Jul 19 2005, 02:08 PM)
Well, the passenger seat is a compound seat where the ass fitting part is bolted to tub via 4 bolts that stick out of the tub.

it will "almost" fit ...

there's 2 threaded holes in the top of the crossbar on early cars, dunno if later cars have them. if so, the rear holes in the early seat won't line up with the holes on the late seat mount. but it is very close. a little dremel-action should get you there.
if the late cars don't have the threaded mounting holes in the front on the crossbar, you can drill them yourself and make it a perfect fit ...

btw. i have done the reverse, i fit a late style seat rail and seat in an early car using the early munting holes.
as i said, it *almost* fits in the rear ...

smash.gif Andy
DougC
Andy, do you still have the old pad..I'll still need to buy one. Yes, I like the look better although seems most would prefer the newer look. I think the earlier set-up is more minimal looking.

Doug C
SirAndy
QUOTE (DougC @ Jul 19 2005, 03:45 PM)
Andy, do you still have the old pad..

nope, sold my complete interior ...

i can't run a backpad anymore (full rollcage) so why not have a moveable pass. seat ...
wink.gif Andy
goose2
Doug, I have an early style pad and seat...pad and seat back are nice, the butt part needs center covered.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.