Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another WTB 1970-71 Front clip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rick 918-S
I have a rust free 70 I picked up two years ago for a donor car for my 6 project. I am having a real hard time as I get closer to starting the work on my 6 with the thought of cutting a car with clean longs and hell hole. I am sure someone out there has a car laying in a heap that has rusted longs and floor from a battery acid issue with a clean front clip.

Testing the waters to see what's out there.
T.Rick6
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 14 2021, 09:36 AM) *

I have a rust free 70 I picked up two years ago for a donor car for my 6 project. I am having a real hard time as I get closer to starting the work on my 6 with the thought of cutting a car with clean longs and hell hole. I am sure someone out there has a car laying in a heap that has rusted longs and floor from a battery acid issue with a clean front clip.

Morning, saw your wtb so I text a friend of mine that has 1, he said 600$ plus what you would pay me to remove it, small crating fee for the cost of the wood to make a shipping crate, plus shipping of corse from north Ga. it's a 2 hr 1 way drive for me, I go up every few weeks or so therefore I don't have pics but can have him send you a few.
Todd beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(T.Rick6 @ Mar 14 2021, 09:13 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 14 2021, 09:36 AM) *

Morning, saw your wtb so I text a friend of mine that has 1, he said 600$ plus what you would pay me to remove it, small crating fee for the cost of the wood to make a shipping crate, plus shipping of corse from north Ga. it's a 2 hr 1 way drive for me, I go up every few weeks or so therefore I don't have pics but can have him send you a few.
Todd beerchug.gif

Next time you go visit take clear photos of the front panel without bumper. Pay close attention to the bumper mounting area. They tend to rust there. Check the seal channel around the headlight buckets. They tend to get through rust there.

Take photos of the inner wheelhouses and frunk floor. I am looking for damage free rust free. Surface rust is fine. Post the vin so I can verify the year. I am looking for only 70-71 cars. I will want the front cut through the center of the car so I can Trim off what I need. I pm'd my email address for the photos.

Lets see what else turns up.
zoomCat
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 14 2021, 11:39 AM) *

I am looking for only 70-71 cars. I will want the front cut through the center of the car so I can Trim off what I need.

Lets see what else turns up.

My understanding was that the seats and interior were updated in 72, but that from the shifter forward they were identical to the 70-71 cars. Am I wrong?

I'm particularly interested since I am also looking for a clean front clip for the restoration of a six. I was just going to bump my WTB thread.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 14 2021, 10:36 AM) *

I've been offered a '70 that is described by the owner as having a
very clean front clip.
I will probably pick it up this week.
Rory
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Mar 14 2021, 10:11 PM) *

very clean front clip.
Rory

Pm sent assimilate.gif
Pezz
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 15 2021, 04:14 AM) *

very clean front clip.
Rory

Pm sent assimilate.gif

From a 1970 in Oregon
Yeah, there's some rust....
Drivers front fender missing
Pardon the trans sitting in the frunk.
sawzall-smiley.gif
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Pezz @ Mar 15 2021, 07:51 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 15 2021, 04:14 AM) *

very clean front clip.
Rory

Pm sent assimilate.gif

From a 1970 in Oregon
Yeah, there's some rust....
Drivers front fender missing
Pardon the trans sitting in the frunk.
sawzall-smiley.gif
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

PM sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.