Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auxiliary Mount Holes under 76 Bumper?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TX914
Okay gurus, Does anyone know what the two holes under each fog light cutout are for on a '76 bumper? Maybe for auxiliary driving light brackets, although the holes don't seem large enough for the sturdy bolt typically used to mount an auxiliary driving light. (borrowed photo) Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Nothing in old parts book or PET that indicates what they are for
TX914
Agree @914sixer , I can’t find anything either. It’s a mystery. I thought someone would know, maybe @“dr914@autoatlanta.com”
Root_Werks
Round hole is for mount bolt access to the shock. Square hole is for adjusting the driving light. The two tiny round holes mount rubber to bumper frame.

At least that's what I remember.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 15 2021, 08:48 AM) *
Square hole is for adjusting the driving fog light.

Fixed that for ya ...
shades.gif

Root_Werks
Oops! Yes, Frog lights, helps avoid frogs in the road. wink.gif
TX914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 15 2021, 10:48 AM) *

Round hole is for mount bolt access to the shock. Square hole is for adjusting the driving light. The two tiny round holes mount rubber to bumper frame.

At least that's what I remember.

@Root_Works, you might very well be right, makes sense, but there weren’t any in mine when purchased in ‘78.
type47fan
QUOTE(TX914 @ Mar 14 2021, 07:21 AM) *

Okay gurus, Does anyone know what the two holes under each fog light cutout are for on a '76 bumper? Maybe for auxiliary driving light brackets, although the holes don't seem large enough for the sturdy bolt typically used to mount an auxiliary driving light. (borrowed photo) Click to view attachment

The photo above shows the passenger side end of the bumper cover. The large square hole is for attaching/manipulating the adjustment of the fog light. The round hole to the right of the small holes is for access to the bolt that attaches the bumper assembly to the shocks.

The two small holes are for the coarse threaded metal screws/washers used to attach an approx. 7 inch long metal brace/bracket, with a crowfoot end, to the structural inner metal bumper.

The head of one of the small brace/bracket mounting screws can be seen below.

Click to view attachment

The next photo is of the driver side fog light opening in the rubber bumper cover. The crowfoot is located above the outboard screw on each side. The inboard screw secures the end of the brace to the inner metal bumper. The fog light bolt slides through the open end of the crowfoot and is more easily adjusted/tightened from below.

Click to view attachment
Root_Werks
Again, I could be wrong (a fact my wife points out often), but having literally just wrapped a BUB cover over a metal bar, the two tiny holes are for the plastic "rivets" that hold the rubber tight against the metal.

Square hole for Frog light adjustment, round hole for removing the 17mm headed bolt that mounts to shocks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.