Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 2 914s , manuals parts and stuff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jad3d
My friend's father passed away and left 2 914s in the garage he started working on 26 years ago. am located in Cincinnati, bring a trailer, everything goes with both cars. EDIT Thank you to zoomCat for meeting me there and helping me sift thru a lot of the items. When we dug under the boxes and a tarp, we found one actually has a 1.8 liter motor in it, and that there is the block to a 2.0-liter motor as well. some legit alloy wheels are in the lot and a bunch of other goodies. took many more pictures including under the battery area, and in the corners of the rear trunk. added the pictures to second Imgur gallery. https://imgur.com/gallery/uiiQm89

https://imgur.com/gallery/eWTLGV0Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
SavingManuals
QUOTE(jad3d @ Mar 14 2021, 01:22 PM) *

My friend's father passed away and left 2 914s in the garage he started working on 26 years ago. am located in Cincinnati, bring a trailer, everything goes with both cars.

https://imgur.com/gallery/eWTLGV0Click to view attachment

PM sent
johnhora
jad3d...

how much for everything??

please pm with contact info

thanks....john
zoomCat
I'm in the Cincinnati area, and could take a look at what's there. If I'm not interested I'd share what I found here, someone should be. Without some understanding of what's there you'll never get a fair price.
jad3d
QUOTE(johnhora @ Mar 14 2021, 02:10 PM) *

jad3d...

how much for everything??

please pm with contact info

thanks....john

3K and you can take it all. need it gone asap
roblav1
I'm in KY and am interested. I can run up there with my trailer and pick it all up.
zoomCat
Jerry (jad3d) and I spent a couple hours going through the collection, and there was some pretty good stuff. A set of Fuchs, some stainless heater boxes, some door cards, and a motor in the car that looked like it might have been rebuilt an was ready to start.

And two whole cars worth of all the little bits that make up the complete car. Interior, heating and ventilation, lights, interior, etc. The door cards looked pretty good, the seats need reupholstered, the gauges seemed fine but we couldn't test them; etc. This was a classic collection of parts from two cars and a decades long fascination with those cars.

The first shell was clearly the donor, it was pretty rusty and had been cut up already in some important areas. I don't see it coming back to life. The second car, clearly intended to be the driver, had some body work done and the engine was obviously the subject of a lot of care and attention. I'm not sure if it ever ran, it still had some of the wiring disconnected, but I would have been tempted to get it some fresh gas and a battery and try to get it running.

The project car had seen some serious metal work. Unfortunately, it seem somewhat inexpert; the door gaps were wonkus, and the cowl in front of the windshield was something of a science project. I didn't get a really close look at the hell hole or the floor pan to say much, but I didn't see any obvious problems.
It may be able to be a drivable car at some point but I don't think it would ever be 'correct' without undoing a lot of work first.

Jerry seems like a good guy, though. The widow needs this stuff gone and he's going the extra mile to help.

rick 918-S
Ravenna car
roblav1
I texted Jheri but have not heard back yet. Was wondering why the other tub was not pictured. Is the one tub a Ravenna color? Looks like Sunflower yellow to me.
I'll come get it, but not at $3k. I just sold my Cayman and will soon have space in a garage!
zoomCat
QUOTE(roblav1 @ Mar 16 2021, 09:48 PM) *

I texted Jheri but have not heard back yet. Was wondering why the other tub was not pictured. Is the one tub a Ravenna color? Looks like Sunflower yellow to me.
I'll come get it, but not at $3k. I just sold my Cayman and will soon have space in a garage!

The other tub is in the background of at least one picture, you can see me holding some windshield molding in the foreground. It's had some pieces cut out, including the cowl directly in front of the windshield. It's got rust in a bunch of the usual places, you can see the sail panels in that picture and the vinyl is bubbling up and crunchy. I didn't get color codes.
ssuperflyoldguy
Revanna Green?

QUOTE(jad3d @ Mar 14 2021, 09:22 AM) *

My friend's father passed away and left 2 914s in the garage he started working on 26 years ago. am located in Cincinnati, bring a trailer, everything goes with both cars. EDIT Thank you to zoomCat for meeting me there and helping me sift thru a lot of the items. When we dug under the boxes and a tarp, we found one actually has a 1.8 liter motor in it, and that there is the block to a 2.0-liter motor as well. some legit alloy wheels are in the lot and a bunch of other goodies. took many more pictures including under the battery area, and in the corners of the rear trunk. added the pictures to second Imgur gallery. https://imgur.com/gallery/uiiQm89

https://imgur.com/gallery/eWTLGV0Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

roblav1
Did this ever sell?
roblav1
I heard from the seller that a deal fell through and it's still for sale. If I go get it all, I'll be looking to sell a lot of what's there. Anybody need anything??!!
930cabman
QUOTE(roblav1 @ Apr 2 2021, 09:37 AM) *

I heard from the seller that a deal fell through and it's still for sale. If I go get it all, I'll be looking to sell a lot of what's there. Anybody need anything??!!

Yes, keep us posted, our /6 conversion is in need of many misc. parts/pieces
thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.