Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a PPI in Las Vegas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zoomCat
I'm looking for somebody that can do a PPI on a car in Las Vegas. It's in a salvage yard and being bid on this coming week. I'm only concerned about rust, in particular in the front part of the car. I've had very poor luck getting non-914 folks to inspect these cars; nobody pokes in the right places.

Some of you may have seen my requests for a clean front clip; this is another approach I'm investigating.

https://www.copart.com/lot/36468281/clean-t...14-nv-las-vegas

Appropriate compensation for the inspection can be discussed. Cash, scotch, or some salvage parts; we can talk.

Thanks!
914forme
I would do it but won't be back in Vegas until the middle of April. All my contacts are out of town until April also. I was hoping nobody had found this one, LOL, at $20 bucks I was going to do a new build.

Advantage to Vegas, rust is very minimal unless the car has been transplanted. Disadvantage to Vegas, Paint and interiors take a beating.

Problem with CoParts is it is hard to get the eyes on the cars.
Chris914n6
It's very likely a great car to build from so cutting it up would be a waste.

I would think cost to ship a non running car would be way more than finding a clip within driving range anyways.

Also I just got a check for $1400 to spend on 914 stuff not that I need a 4th project lol-2.gif
VegasRacer
I will be happy to help in any way I can. @zoomCat
zoomCat
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Mar 14 2021, 08:32 PM) *

It's very likely a great car to build from so cutting it up would be a waste.

I would think cost to ship a non running car would be way more than finding a clip within driving range anyways.

Also I just got a check for $1400 to spend on 914 stuff not that I need a 4th project lol-2.gif

I've been looking for a clean early front clip for 6-8 months now, nothing has turned up. I'm still open to suggestions or leads. If this car is clean, including the hell hole, I might ship it north to build a whole car from it. There is a chance, though, that the hell hole and trunk are seriously compromised; that would make it a suitable candidate for donation to restore a six in my eyes.

It may get bid up out of my range anyway, the ~$1000 for shipping puts me at something of a disadvantage.
Chris914n6
My experience with desert cars is the hell hole is nice as very little water flowed over the battery but anywhere dirt can settle gets holey, like the front seal and headlight buckets, and bottom of the windshield. I think I posted those pics of my Met Gold 71 "Nugget".

You will probably have to patch parts of a new clip anyways, so exactly how damaged of a front half are you accepting?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.