Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 oil tank for dummies part three
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
If I am using Ben’s tank or all of the ancillary seals and fittings from PET the right ones to order? I assume so but wanted to check real quick.

So #46 and 48 etc all PET part numbers from regular vendors (and Ben as much as possible)?

Click to view attachment
mepstein
46 is the rubber gasket that surrounds the oil filter console. 48 is an overpriced foam ring.
Tdskip
Thanks Mark, sounds like I should look at the alternatives discussed here.
Tdskip
mepstein
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 15 2021, 09:04 AM) *

46 is needed. The metal ring -45- fits into it. Both 45 and 46 are 911 parts as well so they are easy to find. I purchased both the foam rings (2 different sizes) at Sunset Porsche. they are $40 each. Ben told me he uses foam hardware tape. Probably works just as well as the overpriced foam rings.
gms
Uro parts makes a nice #46 rubber seal
roblav1
I made my own #48 from foam and hole saws.
Tdskip
Thanks gentlemen, appreciate the information and tips.
Tdskip
Just to try to contribute something back here it turns out that Pelican has all the stuff in stock, and the prices seem workable, if not quite cheap.
930cabman
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 16 2021, 04:06 PM) *

Just to try to contribute something back here it turns out that Pelican has all the stuff in stock, and the prices seem workable, if not quite cheap.

Not far behind you TDskip, thanks for posting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.