Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: STOCK FUEL SENDER LENGTHS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pdlightning
Greetings. idea.gif
I am researching the different stock fuel sending units. It appears that both 911 and ALL 914's take one basic sender except for the 100litre tank. It has been reported that the ohm resistance is either 5-75 or 0-90 or 100. I also need the length of a stock sender from the bottom of the flange to the bottom of the sender.

I emailed Pelican and they said approximately 10 inches. I don't need the approx length, I need the actual length. Believe it or not, I couldn't find an old one to measure, thanks. .
Chris914n6
5-75 sounds about right, but 0-90 is common aftermarket, GM and Nissan that I know of. Due to the funky shape of 914 and most gas tanks no gauge is 100% accurate at all levels -- you just get used it.
The low tank warning is the bottom of the sender where it no longer reads.

11 1/8" from the seal.

IPB Image
pdlightning
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Mar 15 2021, 03:14 PM) *

5-75 sounds about right, but 0-90 is common aftermarket, GM and Nissan that I know of. Due to the funky shape of 914 and most gas tanks no gauge is 100% accurate at all levels -- you just get used it.
The low tank warning is the bottom of the sender where it no longer reads.

11 1/8" from the seal.

IPB Image

piratenanner.gif Thank You. The information is exactly what I needed. Don't know what I would do without the 914 expertise and people like you that take the time and effort to help out the rest of us! pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.