Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VIN Plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nihil44
Does anybody make blank reproductions of these pates?

Click to view attachment

Mine is missing. I still have the VIN stamped on the inside of the wheel house and have the aluminium tag on the windscreen frame but would like to have the VIN plate. The holes are present where the plate would have been riveted to the front firewall
Mark Henry
QUOTE(nihil44 @ Mar 16 2021, 05:20 AM) *

Does anybody make blank reproductions of these pates? Mine is missing. I still have the VIN stamped on the inside of the wheel house and have the aluminium tag on the windscreen frame but would like to have the VIN plate. The holes are present where the plate would have been riveted to the front firewall

I'd look at kaferlab.com, they have VW plates, maybe one will work for 914.
robkammer
I would inquire with Stoddard parts.
sbsix
Check with Aase Bros.
gms
tags at Aase Sales
Bullethead
QUOTE(gms @ Mar 16 2021, 10:11 AM) *

agree.gif

They're available from several sources, Asse includes engraving for a fee. Just note that it's laser engraving, not stamped. Does anyone know who makes a die set in the correct size and font?
mepstein
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Mar 16 2021, 10:18 AM) *

QUOTE(gms @ Mar 16 2021, 10:11 AM) *

agree.gif

They're available from several sources, Asse includes engraving for a fee. Just note that it's laser engraving, not stamped. Does anyone know who makes a die set in the correct size and font?

The guys who have the correct dies don't always advertise them. shades.gif
9146GUY
Check with CarBone in Germany. I know they make a bunch of plates and decals and don't know about that particular plate.
Bullethead
Hmmm... haven't met anyone yet that advertises they have a set. Mark, are you holding? shades.gif

QUOTE(9146GUY @ Mar 16 2021, 10:44 AM) *

Check with CarBone in Germany. I know they make a bunch of plates and decals and don't know about that particular plate.

They offer just the A pillar plate, with the correct stamping. Wonder if they'd do it if you sent them a vin tag?
nihil44
Thanks for the info replies. I now have some starting points

David
mepstein
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Mar 16 2021, 11:03 AM) *

Hmmm... haven't met anyone yet that advertises they have a set. Mark, are you holding? shades.gif

QUOTE(9146GUY @ Mar 16 2021, 10:44 AM) *

They offer just the A pillar plate, with the correct stamping. Wonder if they'd do it if you sent them a vin tag?

A lot of the resto shops have them but it's sort of like fight club....
black73
Wow, Aase wants $150 for the blanks. I have two that I don't need if anyone is interested...
nihil44
PM sent requesting one if still available

@black73
black73
@nihil44 check your PM
larryM
$114 - Stoddard
https://www.stoddard.com/00070110118.html

ther is an eBay seller that makes "star" ( * ) stamps" etc - ( i have those), recently they sent a message about additional correct stamps & sets available
GaroldShaffer
Car-Bone A pillar vin tag is the /6 style. Anyone know a place that makes the /4 style? The tags for my bumblebee project were remove and in a cardboard box in the car where it sat for 20+ years in a pole barn with racoons living in it. The interior is trashed and the tags were destroyed from the racoon urine (and mice) dry.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.