Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Relay Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stickyfingers
So I as I am fixing some electrical challenges I came across my relay board under the dash. See below:

Click to view attachment

I have circled a section in Blue. There is a connection for a relay however the PO has put electrical tape on it - assuming he didn't want anything plugged into that.

What is that relay used for and why would the PO not put one in there?

Hoping someone can shed some light on what that relay would be used for.

Thank you!
ClayPerrine
Hard to tell without knowing the color of the wires going into the relay socket.

BTW. This is the fuse box. The relay board is located in the left side of the engine compartment.

Clay
stickyfingers
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 16 2021, 02:00 PM) *

Hard to tell without knowing the color of the wires going into the relay socket.

BTW. This is the fuse box. The relay board is located in the left side of the engine compartment.

Clay

Sorry about the confusion - I meant the fuse panel (backside of it). Here is the picture of 3 wires going into it:

2 are white with a brown stripe and 1 red wire.

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(stickyfingers @ Mar 16 2021, 01:24 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 16 2021, 02:00 PM) *

Clay

Sorry about the confusion - I meant the fuse panel (backside of it). Here is the picture of 3 wires going into it:

2 are white with a brown stripe and 1 red wire.

Click to view attachment

That is not a relay socket. It is for the key buzzer. The buzzer was built in the same can as the round relays. But if you plug a relay in there, it will blow a fuse.

Hope that helps.

Clay
stickyfingers
Ah ok. Should I get a buzzer to put in there or just more of a nuisance?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(stickyfingers @ Mar 16 2021, 02:14 PM) *

Ah ok. Should I get a buzzer to put in there or just more of a nuisance?

It is a nuisance. And I don't think the buzzers are available any more. I have a buzzer for our original six, but it is in the glove box, not plugged in.

Clay
stickyfingers
Good to know. Thx Clay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.