Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear sway bar question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tyfighter123
Hey guys I am restoring a real 914-6 and am wondering if they had a different rear swaybar? Mine has a screw all the way through the trailing arm that holds a mount for the bar? I am only familiar with the ball on the end of the shock bolt for the swaybar..... was the six different? Next question is if it's an aftermarket bar I will be welding it up or replacing the arm. The question is, are 914 and 914-6 trailing arms the same?
brant
That sounds aftermarket

I don’t think the -6 had any rear bar
tyfighter123
Thanks Brant that is what I was thinking. Are the trailing arms the same between the -6 and 914?
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(brant @ Mar 16 2021, 04:26 PM) *

That sounds aftermarket

I don’t think the -6 had any rear bar

agree.gif

Rear arms are the same between the -4 and the -6. Rear brakes however... dry.gif
ClayPerrine
In 1970, the 914-6 did not come with sway bars at all. They were only available on the GT, and they were sized differently than a 914-4.

The sway bars became available on the 914-6 in 1971, and they were different from the 914-4 bars. They used the same mounting and connectivity, but they were different sizes.

No 914 was ever delivered from the factory with only a front bar.

@dr914 @autoatlanta.com .. you want to chime in here? I think you have the part numbers for the 914-6 sway bars.

Clay

914Sixer
-6 bars are listed in the GT competition parts book. Try to scan information in later today.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Sway bars were only available for the 914-6 in late 71 as an option. The front was 16 the rear 15. The swing arms were the same except for the bracket for the emergency brake cable which was at a different angle so the cable could clear the heat exchanger. Because the sixes were tail happy, MANY installed immediately after purchase a front sway bar, usually 19mm on the front which toned down the cars

QUOTE(tyfighter123 @ Mar 16 2021, 04:15 PM) *

Hey guys I am restoring a real 914-6 and am wondering if they had a different rear swaybar? Mine has a screw all the way through the trailing arm that holds a mount for the bar? I am only familiar with the ball on the end of the shock bolt for the swaybar..... was the six different? Next question is if it's an aftermarket bar I will be welding it up or replacing the arm. The question is, are 914 and 914-6 trailing arms the same?

johnhora
some info from the old H&H Specialties in Chelmsford Mass

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.