Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Service blanket to protect paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
I want one. Who's is it and where do I get one?

Click to view attachment
mgphoto
Mom’s cover
bbrock
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Mar 16 2021, 05:45 PM) *

Woohoo! Thanks. I swore I Google searched the site for "service cover" but must have mistyped because I just tried again and there was Mom's cover at the top of the results. I'm an idiot. wacko.gif
mepstein
They are really nice. Mine is mom made.
GregAmy
Ditto. I adore mine. Should buy another.

Perry, what's the scoop on getting one? Any linkies?

@IronHillRestorations
poorsche914
never mind dry.gif
burton73
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 16 2021, 06:03 PM) *

They are really nice. Mine is mom made.

They are really nice. I have 2 of them. A vinyl one and a furniture blanket style one with pocket for tools.

Bob B
burton73
QUOTE(bbrock @ Mar 16 2021, 05:51 PM) *

Woohoo! Thanks. I swore I Google searched the site for "service cover" but must have mistyped because I just tried again and there was Mom's cover at the top of the results. I'm an idiot. wacko.gif

You my brother are very far from an IDIOT

Bob B
bbrock
QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 17 2021, 01:45 PM) *

Bob B

Would you mind telling my wife that? The constant eye rolls have shattered my self esteem. lol-2.gif
worn
QUOTE(bbrock @ Mar 17 2021, 05:40 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 17 2021, 01:45 PM) *

Bob B

Would you mind telling my wife that? The constant eye rolls have shattered my self esteem. lol-2.gif

Only a wife can fathom our idiocy and still be there. I count my blessings and admit she is the brains of the outfit.
robkammer
The reply from Gerald seems to be from 2006. Anyone know for sure these are still available? I sent him a message yesterday but no response.
Somewhere on this forum I saw a pattern for this type of cover, but I've searched to the best of my abilities (weak) and could not find it.
GregAmy
QUOTE(robkammer @ Mar 18 2021, 06:11 AM) *

The reply from Gerald seems to be from 2006. Anyone know for sure these are still available? I sent him a message yesterday but no response.

From the link in the second post above... wink.gif

UPDATE Jan 2019 Mom no longer makes these she is 90 and her vision is not good, but contact Perry Kiehl here on the world. He has taken over making these. His screen name here is IronHillRestorations
IronHillRestorations
Yes I still sell these, but out of stock at the moment. I’ll get a batch in the works and post when I have them in hand
budk
sorry, wrong forum. please delete this
robkammer
I like my cover from Iron Hill but I found that the back side of the blanket was quite scratchy and did put swirl marks on my trunk. I ran it through the washing machine with fabric softener and that helped some. My wife was not too happy about that.
Now I make sure to place an old flannel sheet down first and hold it in place with some rare earth magnets. No problem any more!
mlindner
Perry makes some great products, the service cover, the 914 umbrella cover and also some outstanding engine wiring harness. He should put the service cover and umbrella as a package. Best thing about the umbrella other than keeping the sum out, its great for a 914-6 GT Tribute with out a rain tray.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.