Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sort of OT--St Pat's--How many Irish Green 914s?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
anderssj
A couple of thoughts, this being St Patick's Day:

1. Any idea how many 914s were painted Irish Green (color code L60E) out of the total production run?

2. More important, how many are left?

I've seen pictures of some outstanding cars here--but as the saying goes, "Quantity has a quality all its own."
roblav1
I had a 1970 with tan interior bought in 1978 for $168.00.
fixer34
QUOTE(anderssj @ Mar 17 2021, 02:45 PM) *

A couple of thoughts, this being St Patrick's Day:

1. Any idea how many 914s were painted Irish Green (color code L60E) out of the total production run?

I've seen pictures of some outstanding cars here--but as the saying goes, "Quantity has a quality all its own."

At least one... A bit faded but mostly still original paint. Although the COA says paint code 15. and it's a -6.
Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Mar 17 2021, 09:46 PM) *

At least one... A bit faded but mostly still original paint. Although the COA says paint code 15. and it's a -6.
Click to view attachment

Mmmmmm.....with the darker tan interior.
Great combination with the Irish green.
I'd drive that car 'as is' very, very proudly.
A 914 6 with original steel wheels and hubcaps is very unusual today.....and sneaky beautiful.
But I'm biased.
Rory Gallagher
rgalla9146
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Mar 17 2021, 09:46 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Dohhh!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.