BeatNavy
idea.gif
Click to view attachment

dry.gif

Click to view attachment

barf.gif

Click to view attachment

Time to welder.gif

One day I'd like to have a new paint job. Either a respray in red like someone did years ago, or maybe back to factory Irish Green. I think I find (and repair) a rust spot about once a year. Truthfully I'm not surprised by this spot, as I have been avoiding it. But when I received Mikey/Mark's rollbar pad today I had to start tearing into things.

rjames
Maybe I'll leave that nice new 914rubber rollbar pad in the box for a little while longer. idea.gif
Mikey914
We did put the vinyl on sale with the bar, so I suppose I may have started this.
-Sorry
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 18 2021, 02:51 PM) *

We did put the vinyl on sale with the bar, so I suppose I may have started this.
-Sorry

You did, and I do blame you biggrin.gif

That's alright, Mark. The ostrich-head-in-the-sand strategy is not a good one, no matter how often I use it.
Tom_T
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Mar 18 2021, 11:39 AM) *

Click to view attachment

One day I'd like to have a new paint job. Either a respray in red like someone did years ago, or maybe back to factory Irish Green.

Or Rob - just leave off the rollbar vinyl, repaint only the rollbar Green, & you've got the perfect Xmas 914! biggrin.gif
santa_smiley.gif wreath.gif

sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif smash.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
BeatNavy
Yeah, that's what I was kind of thinking Tom. Well, not so much on the rollbar side. But I did a decent job stripping the underside and engine bay and recoating / painting them in red. But I could go green on top and red all under for the true Christmas teener idea.gif
Root_Werks
Tough area to repair, but at least you caught it pretty early.
rgalla9146

Palma green gets NO respect......and it's a great color.
rgolia
Rob - I would offer my services to help if I lived down that way. Not having a lot of success finding something. Tough to get a loan as a small business owner during the pandemic. In any event, I could always make a weekend visit to help and see my grandson at the same time.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(rgolia @ Mar 19 2021, 09:59 AM) *

Rob - I would offer my services to help if I lived down that way. Not having a lot of success finding something. Tough to get a loan as a small business owner during the pandemic. In any event, I could always make a weekend visit to help and see my grandson at the same time.

Ralph! You're welcome anytime, my friend, but I'd recommend sometime when it's warm - north wind blowing right now and it's everything I hate about March.

I've got some more cutting discs on order. I'll get the MIG warmed up while the beer cools down beer.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Mar 18 2021, 09:44 PM) *

Palma green gets NO respect......and it's a great color.

It’s the unofficial color of Pennsylvania 914’s.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.