Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick question for 3.2 conversion guys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
Do you just use the /4 Djet cable?
I can't see it using the carb trans intermediate pivot linkage, or am I wrong?

Buddy as two 914's that he's building, he needs both a /4 and a /6 box. He mixed up trannys and rebuilt the wrong box for his 3.2 build, the one box from his old Weber carb six engine has a /6 intermediate plate for the linkage. The box he mistakenly built on the /4 core has custom gearing for the 3.2. If it's just a cable linkage on the 3.2 it doesn't matter and l'll just remove the old linkage for his /4 transmission.

If it does matter I'll crack both boxes and swap gears around.
wndsrfr
I got a /6 pivot that bolts on to the /4 trans from one of the members here, don't recall who yet but will search...costs like $75...
Mark Henry
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Mar 19 2021, 10:41 AM) *

I got a /6 pivot that bolts on to the /4 trans from one of the members here, don't recall who yet but will search...costs like $75...

Thanks, yes he could do this. The other option along this line is to rebuild the old /6 box now, split the rebuilt box and swap the gears around.

The /4 build is low mileage, numbers matching so IMHO I would rebuild/swap the gear sets so the /4 has the original transmission.
mepstein
I have one of the rich Johnson pivot adaptor plates if you need it. I paid $75.
Mark Henry
Okay, but I don't want him to buy a linkage adapter if you don't even use that type of linkage on a 3.2 TB....
mepstein
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 19 2021, 11:22 AM) *

Okay, but I don't want him to buy a linkage adapter if you don't even use that type of linkage on a 3.2 TB....

I did but I’m sure it’s not the only way.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 19 2021, 11:48 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 19 2021, 11:22 AM) *

I did but I’m sure it’s not the only way.

Cool, I've passed the info and this link along to the chap, the ball's in his court now. bye1.gif
mepstein
On the 3.2 conversions, you also flip the ball on the throttle body lever 180. Either weld or Sierra Madre sells a bolt on kit.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 19 2021, 12:46 PM) *

On the 3.2 conversions, you also flip the ball on the throttle body lever 180. Either weld or Sierra Madre sells a bolt on kit.

Pic or link?

On my linkage (carbs) I had heat the 911 bell crank I used cherry red (to melt the bronze) and quickly turn the two halves to the correct orientation.
Same deal?
mepstein
It’s to give a good path to the socket on the throttle rod that connects the engine throttle and trans bell crank.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 19 2021, 01:34 PM) *

It’s to give a good path to the socket on the throttle rod that connects the engine throttle and trans bell crank.

Got it, something to hash out during the install. thumb3d.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 19 2021, 01:58 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 19 2021, 01:34 PM) *

Got it, something to hash out during the install. thumb3d.gif

One of the guys did it at the shop for me. Took him 5 minutes. The engine was still out of the car so it was a bit easier to get to the lever.
Rich Johnson mentions it in his throttle kit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.