Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SoCal: Glendora Mountain Road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grosbard
Question for you SoCal folks:
Now that SoCal has opened back up quite a bit, does anybody know if Glendora Mountain Road is open again? Thanks!
drem914
QUOTE(Grosbard @ Mar 19 2021, 10:49 AM) *

Now that SoCal has opened back up quite a bit, does anybody know if Glendora Mountain Road is open again? Thanks!

According to the CalTrans map it looks open.
914_7T3
Only one way to find out driving.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(Grosbard @ Mar 19 2021, 09:49 AM) *

I was just there yesterday. It is open to a point... the crossover higher up is closed as it has snow on it.

Grosbard
QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 19 2021, 08:41 PM) *

I was just there yesterday. It is open to a point... the crossover higher up is closed as it has snow on it.

Thanks for the info, @914_teener ! I really appreciate it! To clarify, what do you mean by the crossover? Is that where the Glendora Mountain Road and the Glendora Ridge Road intersect (which is very, very close to Glendora Ridge Lookout)? Thanks, again!
914_teener
QUOTE(Grosbard @ Mar 19 2021, 05:16 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 19 2021, 08:41 PM) *

Thanks for the info, @914_teener ! I really appreciate it! To clarify, what do you mean by the crossover? Is that where the Glendora Mountain Road and the Glendora Ridge Road intersect (which is very, very close to Glendora Ridge Lookout)? Thanks, again!

Thats correct. The gate at the Ridge Road was closed at the lookout. You can drive down to the Canyon to the East Fork but not to Mt. Baldy.

That may change by Easter weekend is my quess. The Forest Service has been closing the gate lower down during Red Flag Warning so make sure and check with them and Cal Trans if you are thinking about it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.