Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear fiber glass valance for GT flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
Whom has the best fit rear valance for GT flares? Looking to speed up my completion of my project..
GeorgeRud
Marty Schneider’s is the one I used. Not perfect, but pretty nice (until you modify a stock metal rear valence.
mepstein
MSDS is the only one I’ve ever seen.
I personally like the GT valance delete look but to some people it looks unfinished.
sixnotfour
MSDS valance is a late short flared..

Patrick valance looks to be an early deep flared version..

https://patrickmotorsports.com/products/bod-914-503-5gt-pmp
Cairo94507
It's true, most of the GT conversions don't run a rear valance, but I am in the camp of it looks unfinished in the rear w/o a rear valance. Short or long, run a valance-please. beerchug.gif
pete000
I made mine out of a combination of a wide GT style valance and a narrow non GT valance with factory exhaust cut out. The GT version had no cut out for the stock exhaust exit on the left. This way I can run the stock side exit muffler when needed.
Coondog
PMS Valance
Click to view attachment
eric9144
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 20 2021, 10:49 AM) *

MSDS valance is a late short flared..

Patrick valance looks to be an early deep flared version..

The Patrick valence is early/deep, Patrick on left, short '74 on right
Click to view attachment
roblav1
Personally, I csn't see running a rear valance, especially with the nice stainless exhaust.
rgalla9146
I'm going to add a late fiberglass valence liberally ventilated.....just to see.
rgalla9146
dbl
rgalla9146
QUOTE(pete000 @ Mar 20 2021, 05:10 PM) *

I made mine out of a combination of a wide GT style valance and a narrow non GT valance with factory exhaust cut out. The GT version had no cut out for the stock exhaust exit on the left. This way I can run the stock side exit muffler when needed.

Pete you have a white GT car too ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.