Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wtb Hella 118 replacement lens
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Bucci
Looking for driving light lens H3 bulb style. Internal reflector is corrode now.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
This should be it. Hard to tell with no picture. Maybe if you email them they can post a picture.
Some of those lenses are glued to the reflectors. Heating to about 250f seems to soften the glue to get them apart.
914Sixer
Lens and reflector are special. Completely different than the US lights. Centering is on the left, not the top. Uses h3 bulb.
Bucci
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 22 2021, 02:27 PM) *

This should be it. Hard to tell with no picture. Maybe if you email them they can post a picture.
Some of those lenses are glued to the reflectors. Heating to about 250f seems to soften the glue to get them apart.

Bruce, great advice about removing the glass to the rear reflector if it’s glued. If I remember correctly, 20 some years ago the lenses are not bonded directly to the glass reflector housing..? I’ll check when I take them apart.

Thanks
Bucci
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 22 2021, 03:18 PM) *

Lens and reflector are special. Completely different than the US lights. Centering is on the left, not the top. Uses h3 bulb.

Mark, the H3 euro driving lights are halogen and the lens is much more clear and no vertical ribs. They work better than the standard 914 fog light.

Best
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.