Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Llift
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stickyfingers
So I splurged a little and bought myself a single post car lift. I can park 2 cars on one side of the garage. Really happy how it turned out and now I have the ability to work on the cars from underneath.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
infraredcalvin
10 foot lid?
stickyfingers
My ceilings are about 10ft. Had to get a garage opener that was a side mount and extend the door rails as tight to ceiling as possible to make room. All in pretty cool. I didn't do any of that work and left that to the professionals.
Mark Henry
The GT3 with the cover on looks like something from Tron.
Cool I've thought about one of those for storage, but I have cheap dry winter storage from my town.

stickyfingers
Unfortunately that's not a GT3 rather a GTS lol. I live in the city and driveway space is a premium. Was the only option.
mepstein
I wish I could have fit one in my garage. They have some great features. Congrats
JmuRiz
Very cool, is it spooky lifting it? It's a cool way to add parking spots. I'd love to get a 2nd lift for my right-bay but it's too hard to get in/out of that side.
horizontally-opposed
This looks like the way to do it at home, but I wonder about putting a car on one in earthquake country. Does the single post tie into the wall, or is there a provision for it to do so? Of course, tying into a single stud ain't gonna do much…
stickyfingers
There are multiple bolts on the concrete floor. The one requirement is you need a concrete floor that is at least 5 inches thick. Doesn’t bolt into the wall at all. Not sure about earthquake country. Might be case for a dual post in those areas.
Jett
Looks good. I wish that our garage had a high enough ceiling, but instead we had to build a new garage smile.gif
914werke
Is ther a US distributor?
stickyfingers
I’m sure there is. I saw quite a few as I was googling for a local distributor/installer.
mskala
I have a 4-post that serves a similar purpose but does get in the way more.

I think I've seen the single post type that has the base piece (floor) extend
the same distance as the lift fork. Personally I would be more comfortable
with that than the one you have that 100% relies on the bolts in the floor.
stickyfingers
QUOTE(mskala @ Mar 22 2021, 01:23 PM) *

It's counter-lever so there is a base that extended about mid-way. The lift is rated for 6000lb and I had it professionally installed. That's exactly it, I get complete unfettered access to the vehicles from the sides and the bottom. There is a 10-yr warranty on the lift and 3-year for labour. The company is reputable and has done many installs without any issues.

Also these bolts practically go 1/2 ft into the ground and there are about 20 I would say.

It is a marvel of engineering.
mepstein
1000x safer than jack stands.
stickyfingers
lol - yes - I recently had a trailer (thankfully a light one) come off a jack stand while changing the tires. Scary.
Jamie
QUOTE(stickyfingers @ Mar 22 2021, 09:32 AM) *

It's counter-lever so there is a base that extended about mid-way. The lift is rated for 6000lb and I had it professionally installed. That's exactly it, I get complete unfettered access to the vehicles from the sides and the bottom. There is a 10-yr warranty on the lift and 3-year for labour. The company is reputable and has done many installs without any issues.

Also these bolts practically go 1/2 ft into the ground and there are about 20 I would say.

That balancing act does look a bit scary to me, the Carrera 4 GTS is quite a bit heavier than a 914! icon8.gif
stickyfingers
QUOTE(Jamie @ Mar 22 2021, 08:01 PM) *

That balancing act does look a bit scary to me, the Carrera 4 GTS is quite a bit heavier than a 914! icon8.gif

So far so good. Had it for a month.
Freezin 914
Cool lift, congratulations.
Not to mention your 14 looks great! Cheers.
mepstein
QUOTE(Jamie @ Mar 22 2021, 08:01 PM) *

All these lifts were made by the numbers, That is, they were designed using tried and true engineering principles. They are usually rated far less than their absolute max.

It's actually scares me more when someone is working under a car and puts a long wrench to a bolt to remove it. It really doesn't take much to tip ordinary jack stands.
bkrantz
QUOTE(stickyfingers @ Mar 22 2021, 09:29 AM) *

There are multiple bolts on the concrete floor. The one requirement is you need a concrete floor that is at least 5 inches thick. Doesn’t bolt into the wall at all. Not sure about earthquake country. Might be case for a dual post in those areas.

I think in any area prone to earthquakes, the right lift is no lift.
stickyfingers
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Mar 22 2021, 08:53 PM) *

Cool lift, congratulations.
Not to mention your 14 looks great! Cheers.

Thanks. Just needs an alternator and it should be good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.