Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outer window fuzzy sealing strip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morph914
This is the 914 Rubber outer window fuzzy sealing strip. When I went to replace the old piece with the new one I realized that it is much less substantial and it does not stay in the aluminum track.
Do they make an early and a late part? I just looked on the website and it only shows one of these, so not sure if this is going to work or not.

On the site it also says they come predrilled, but I don’t see any holes in them. Has anyone else had issues with these?

Are you supposed to drill through the fuzzy strip to install the 3 screws. Very frustrated if this is truly the replacement part. headbang.gif

Any help is appreciated.

John

Click to view attachment

Backside of the strip

Click to view attachment

Inserted into the track

Click to view attachment

aturboman
Hi John Porsche does list different aluminum channels and seals for early cars with cable window regulators 1970-72 vs the the late arm style regulators 1973-76.

I bought Genuine Porsche seals for my early 914-6 restoration and they were extremely tight fitting in the tracks and also did have the screw holes already punched.

Not sure what year your car is but that may be the issue?

914werke
I had the same experience sad.gif
Wasnt worth the hassle sending them back, so I binned them.
still available new 914.531.957.10
Morph914
QUOTE(aturboman @ Mar 22 2021, 11:21 AM) *

Hi John Porsche does list different aluminum channels and seals for early cars with cable window regulators 1970-72 vs the the late arm style regulators 1973-76.

I bought Genuine Porsche seals for my early 914-6 restoration and they were extremely tight fitting in the tracks and also did have the screw holes already punched.

Not sure what year your car is but that may be the issue?

Mine is a ‘73, I’ll have to check on that.
Thank you
Morph914
QUOTE(914werke @ Mar 22 2021, 11:22 AM) *

I had the same experience sad.gif
Wasnt worth the hassle sending them back, so I binned them.
still available new 914.531.957.10

Perfect, I think I will do the same thing.
Thank you
Tbrown4x4
I also have a '73. Fuzzys were too loose in the tracks. I bought OEM and they were too tight. Ended up using Marks, but I'll figure out a way to use the OEM someday.
914werke
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Mar 22 2021, 01:21 PM) *

I bought OEM and they were too tight.
After fiddling with them I figured out that if you bend curve them lengthwise then install, then press flat they are puss.
rhodyguy
$58.56 for 1 or a pair?
Tbrown4x4
QUOTE(914werke @ Mar 22 2021, 04:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Mar 22 2021, 01:21 PM) *

I bought OEM and they were too tight.
After fiddling with them I figured out that if you bend curve them lengthwise then install, then press flat they are puss.

That's where I'm going with this. I needed the door back together quickly, so I haven't taken the time to bend the fuzzys.
Morph914
Thanks guys, I think I’m going to buy the OEM units.
I have bought a ton of product from 914 Rubber and most of it is good, these strips are not acceptable to me. I’ll be sending back.
pfreiburger
I just replaced all of the window seals on the drivers door on my 1973. My 1st set of outer fuzzy strips were aftermarket ones from Auto Atlanta and I suspect that they use the same source as 914 Rubber as they fell out of the aluminum track as well. I exchanged them for OEM Porsche items, which fit nice after crowning them a bit. My success rate with aftermarket parts is better than 50%, but probably not much better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.