Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: These aren’t needed apparently, but benefits?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
If these are needed on IDF carburetors what is the advantage of running them?

Better airflow properties?

Click to view attachment
roblav1
Yes, but the airflow properties on those are awful. Longer trumpets improve lower RPM performance.
Tdskip
QUOTE(roblav1 @ Mar 23 2021, 07:44 PM) *

Yes, but the airflow properties on those are awful. Longer trumpets improve lower RPM performance.

So leave them off I assume?

For the information and response.
Rand
It's all about tuning. If you lengthen the intake tubes, you do so because the engine build demands it. People who just bolt on "high performance" bits usually don't know what they are doing, yet they and their friends think its cool. Irony is they will hurt performance and mileage if the engine doesn't need them.

You are asking if you should leave them off. Let me ask, what about your engine build needs them? Do you have a stroke and cam that wants them?

I guess you could go do some real runs with and without and tells us the results.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 23 2021, 05:47 PM) *

QUOTE(roblav1 @ Mar 23 2021, 07:44 PM) *

So leave them off I assume?

I'd say exactly the opposite of "leave them off".

Get velocity stacks as tall as possible to improve low end torque.
popcorn[1].gif
roblav1
Seems I was unclear... leave them on.
Tdskip
Thanks for the follow on responses. I am asking for a stock 2.0L street car build, so torque down low is helpful.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.