Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ate SL6 dot 4 brake fluid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morph914
It seems this may be for modern systems, just wanted to make sure before using.

Thanks in advance,
John

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
That is all I run in the 914s.

There used to be blue brake fluid. Racers would alternate between the gold and the blue so they could tell when the fluid was completely flushed out. But the US DOT outlawed blue brake fluid, so all you can get is the gold now.

Clay
GregAmy
I still have four bottles of the blue... wink.gif Trade for a /6 engine...? smile.gif

The SL.6 is a low-viscosity version of the ATE200 "Amber". It's primarily for ABS-equipped cars for quicker response.

However, it's perfectly fine for use in our cars, though note that the wet boiling point is ever-so-slightly lower than the ATE200 (only 10-15 degrees). Perfectly fine for street use.

I've used ATE 200 (and whatever Blue I have left) in my street and race cars for decades.
Morph914
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Mar 24 2021, 01:49 PM) *

I still have four bottles of the blue... wink.gif Trade for a /6 engine...? smile.gif

The SL.6 is a low-viscosity version of the ATE200 "Amber". It's primarily for ABS-equipped cars for quicker response.

However, it's perfectly fine for use in our cars, though note that the wet boiling point is ever-so-slightly lower than the ATE200 (only 10-15 degrees). Perfectly fine for street use.

I've used ATE 200 (and whatever Blue I have left) in my street and race cars for decades.

Thanks, I was good with the brand, it was the SL.6 that was making me wonder if it was ok. And this car will be street so not worried about lesser boiling point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.