Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dino steering wheel to Momo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brooks944
I have a 350mm Dino steering wheel in my car now which I like. However, last year I had my right knee replaced (painful, but worth it!) and now it’s real hard to squeeze in under the wheel. I have been looking at getting one of the Momo wheels that are flat on the bottom as a replacement to ease entry/exit. Will the hub I have now for the Dino work for the Momo?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance,
Rick
drem914
QUOTE(brooks944 @ Mar 24 2021, 12:00 PM) *

I have a 350mm Dino steering wheel in my car now which I like. However, last year I had my right knee replaced (painful, but worth it!) and now it’s real hard to squeeze in under the wheel. I have been looking at getting one of the Momo wheels that are flat on the bottom as a replacement to ease entry/exit. Will the hub I have now for the Dino work for the Momo?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

I don't know if the hub can be clocked by 30 degrees, but regardless, the mounting hole diameter spacing is 74mm (dino) vs 70mm (momo).
GregAmy
Momo generally uses a 70mm bolt circle.

Dino and Nardi generally use a 74mm bolt circle.

Luisi is different than Momo as well, I don't recall its bolt circle.

There are bolt-on adapter plates out there to use different wheels on Momo hubs.
wysri9
There was a thread on here a while ago for a steering wheel hub with a quick release. I bought one and it has arrived in the UK a couple of weeks ago. It is a work of art for the price and would solve your problem. It is drilled for both PCD’s. Next time I am on the laptop I will find the thread and post the link.
brooks944
Thanks guys, I’ll look for an adapter.
wysri9
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0132K7SK...=UTF8&psc=1

This was the quick release hub. Quality is amazing for the price.

SR
JmuRiz
Very cool, I have a Dino wheel on mine and was always wondering about this.

Which of the 4 options is the one that works?
GregAmy
I'm not familar with that specific product, but it appears only the one on the left is drilled and threaded for two different bolt circles.

I have personally used this adapter/spacer to install a Momo steering wheel onto a Luisi hub adapter on my race 914:

https://www.ogracing.com/collections/car-st...eel-spacer-60mm

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.