Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-2.0 heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
larryM

in case ya hadn't noticed yet - Stoddard has 'em 039-101-351-E in their latest PCA Panorama advert

they don't come up on the NLA webpage yet, so no idea the cost ???

Puebloswatcop
$808.41 each
Mark Henry
The price isn't too bad, I'll be talking to a couple of customers over the weekend and and I have a few questions for Stoďards, but likely I can give a review of a set in a couple weeks.
I wonder who's doing the castings ? AMC? AA?

I need a few sets and I'm tired of banging my head on old POS cores
Bleyseng
AA is making some and I installed at set that Len reworked. What a difference!
930cabman
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 26 2021, 09:26 AM) *

It's all about air in ----boom----- air out
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(930cabman @ Mar 26 2021, 05:57 PM) *

It's all about air in ----boom----- air out

Suck - Sqeeze - Bang - Blow.

That is the 4 cycle combustion process.... if you thought anything else, you have a dirty mind. happy11.gif
toadman
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 25 2021, 03:49 PM) *

The price isn't too bad, I'll be talking to a couple of customers over the weekend and and I have a few questions for Stoďards, but likely I can give a review of a set in a couple weeks.
I wonder who's doing the castings ? AMC? AA?

I need a few sets and I'm tired of banging my head on old POS cores

I would be very interested in your opinions. Have been collecting parts for an engine build for several years and was close to selling them all because I couldn't find good, affordable heads.
rgalla9146
AA is not the guy in Georgia is it ?
Montreal914
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 26 2021, 08:26 AM) *

@Bleyseng
"What a difference" because they are 2liter vs other heads or because they were reworked by Hoffman? If reworked, what kind of rework and what a difference on what engine setup? smile.gif

Thanks! beerchug.gif
scottthephotog
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Apr 3 2021, 05:40 PM) *

AA is not the guy in Georgia is it ?

AA is probably referring to AA Performance Products (Used to be AA Piston) https://aapistons.com/. They are out of California.

The other AA is Auto Atlanta based out of Atlanta, GA. It can be confusing sometimes. Haha

I installed an AA Performance 2.0L head back in August after the exhaust studs on cylinder one completely fell out. I had the local shop take a look at the AA Performance head before I installed it. They said it looked great. Nice clean casting and the valve work was fine. I drive the car hard and haven't had any issues with it. In my mind a no brainer buy at less than $400 a head. I spent $1850 to have a pair of original heads redone only to have the exhaust studs fall right out. (I didn't over torque) the heads had broken studs from a previous owner. They time certed new studs in that didn't hold up.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Apr 3 2021, 05:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 26 2021, 08:26 AM) *

@Bleyseng
"What a difference" because they are 2liter vs other heads or because they were reworked by Hoffman? If reworked, what kind of rework and what a difference on what engine setup? smile.gif

Thanks! beerchug.gif

Len rips out everything down to the bare casting and replaces it with quality parts. Springs, valves, guides, seats and recommendations coating the exhaust ports
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.