Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: My sister and brother-in-laws struggle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gms
You folks are like my family here and although this is awkward to send out I feel it can help make the rest of the time my sister has left less of a struggle.

Love for the Irelands

914Sixer
Wow what a heart grabber, makes you appreciate life even more. Glad to send some help. Yes we are all one big family.
Bleyseng
Gosh what tough luck for them and hope for the best! Its been 4 years since my brother died from the same brain cancer and a year of suffering
914werke
So sorry to hear Glen I also lost my brother to Glioblastoma.
Its traumatic in its aggressiveness. 9 months from diagnosis is all he had.
Best to you & your family sad.gif
Mueller
Man, what a horrible thing to happen, sent a little their way to help.
gms
Thanks for you support guys!!!
d914
small donation, but done..
Rand
While it was awkward for you to post, I truly appreciate that we have this family and it does my heart good to know that you can post this here and feel support. I don't know of another car forum who shares this level of empathy. God bless you and family.
Costa05
Donation is in.
rgalla9146
My brother Kevin, our family leader to Porsche enthusiasm.....astrocytoma at 42
years.
Still in our hearts thirty three years later.
Glenn....... thoughts and prayers for your family.
IronHillRestorations
Lost one of my sisters to GBM 12 years ago. Cancer sucks
mmichalik
I liked certain aspects of life better when we were kids and still thought and felt that we were invincible.
made a small donation, I hope it helps.
mgarrison
Lost my Mom to cancer in 2019. Hope the donation helps...
FourBlades

That is really hard.

Donation sent.

John
ValcoOscar
Bless them...donation done beerchug.gif

keep up the fight

O
timothy_nd28
Donated, and will keep them in my prayers.
gms
Thanks to everyone, you guys are awesome !

GBX0073
Sent a little kindness
jim912928
Lost my younger brother to this exact cancer...I think of him every day.
mlindner
Very very sorry Glenn, our love and donation. Mark
mb911
Donation in. So sorry to hear of this.
Dion
Glen, sent a little something their way. I lost my mom to cancer. Glad to give some support for you and your family.
sixnotfour
Glad to give some support for you and your family.
rick 918-S
Just read this. Just lost Sandy's Brother about 6 weeks ago. Hard fought battle. Sending some support their way.
So sorry to hear, donation sent.
mlindner
Bump for Glenn and his family.
jhynesrockmtn
I'm fairly new here but this place has already been a huge help to me. Small donation sent. All the best to you and your family.
fixer34
Donation sent. Returning the favor for when you lent me a set of wrenches last summer (which I still have and need to get back to you...)
gms
I just wanted to thank all of you who sent well wishes and donations. I am truly amazed at the generosity!!! My sister will be getting a second brain surgery in the coming weeks, this will remove the new tumor. here is their message to all they could not contact directly.

Dear Friends,

Jill and I would like to take this opportunity to extend our heartfelt and sincere THANKS to all that have donated to helping us out during our cancer journeys and hopeful successful recoveries!

After much contemplation and discussion with our family, we came to the mutual decision to accept the generosity and genuine wishes of others to help us out. We did not come to this decision easily, as we both have an "old-school" mentality of providing and working out our issues privately, no matter what the circumstance. We are truly grateful to have such a great support group in our family and friends and our wish is that all of you get the opportunity to experience that love, in your lifetime, from your inner circles!

The outpouring of support that we have received is truly amazing and has "blown us away" and restored our faith in the power of each of you, many of whom we have never met, but have found the spirit and generosity to give, just by association!! We are forever in debt to you and vow to pay it forward, to others in need, upon our recovery.

We will continue to fight the fight and keep a positive attitude, which with your donations, have made things that much more comfortable to concentrate on recovery!

Again, Jill and I can't ever truly express the magnitude of Thanks to all of you, but know that you are in our thoughts forever!

God Bless You and keep you safe and healthy! Best Wishes-

Jill & Kevin Ireland

DTMLGND
Prayers and recovery for both icon12.gif
Donation sent.
rbzymek
Sorry to hear about your struggles. Donation sent.
barefoot
Donation sent, best wishes for them.
Barefoot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.