Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMG...almost a heart attack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
My dad calls me on the phone...says that Jerry Woods Enterprises is going up in flames on the news....I turn on the local station and sure enough the TV coverage shows the street on fire where JWE's shop is. ohmy.gif

As I get a look I recognize the building on fire...it's down the street from JWE. I give Jerry a call worried about the crew and my car in the shop and he tells me it's scary but they should be okay as the fire department has set up a line to save the rest of the buildings on the street....I sure hope he's right...

If "The Beast" and other folks race cars burn tonight....I will be pretty depressed....

At least it appears nobody has been hurt.

I sure could use some lucky thoughts from everyone as well as others whose businesses and cars may be affected.

Bill P.
Randal
What is the latest news Bill?
neo914-6
Well chalk up another obstacle the "Beast" has survived! smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
are we sure everything is OK?
just watched the news and they said one of the buildings that burned down was a race car shop ...

ohmy.gif Andy
Jake Raby
OUCH!

I sure hope not!
Randal
That entire area is automotive related.
grantsfo
Thats not good. Is there another race shop there? I know they are clustered togther in that area. Doesnt mean JWE was the shop. How would fire insurance on a race car work?
SirAndy
http://www.kron4.com/Global/story.asp?S=3615114

The Santa Clara County Fire Department says at least three structures were destroyed, including a business that makes race cars, a shed owned by an excavating company, as well as a house.

unsure.gif Andy
SirAndy
link to the video ....

http://www.kron4.com/global/video/popup/po...eAdTag=homepage
Trekkor
Bill, when I saw the fire and heard Campbell and race shop... ohmy.gif
I thought of you first.

They said on the broadcast that it was a sprint car shop.
Too close for comfort.

News said nobody was hurt, that's worth repeating.

KT
JeffBowlsby
From the sounds of it on the news the sprint car race shop was long-time local sprint car racer Brent Kaedings shop. They have been around for at least 2 generations that I know of, maybe longer.

They used to call these cars with the big wings 'super modifieds'...about 2 blocks from the JWE shop if my memory is correct (I dont get over there much)
Steve_7x
Bill,

It looks like JWE was spared... my thoughts are/were with you type.gif

Steve
nine14cats
I talked with Jerry Woods tonight. Smart Racing (JWE) is fine. Almost all of the fire damage was at the Kaeding Sprint Car race shop a quarter mile down the road.

whew.... clap.gif

Pretty scary when you think about what could be gone in a matter of minutes...

Thanks everyone for the thoughts...for the businesses around the Kaeding's...it could have been much worse...

Bill P.
Randal
about 2 blocks from the JWE shop

Yea, they are on the corner about half a mile from Jerry's.

One of my secret sources.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.