Apologies if his is a duplicate...

Found some 914 love from speedhunters.com

I have not read the article yet, but will do when i get off work

http://www.speedhunters.com/2021/03/behind...ts-porsche-914/

driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif
914Sixer
Pretty cool article
BillJ
High quality writing, photography, and of course car!
raynekat
That WAS a great article with great pictures!
tygaboy
Well done. And well deserved.
@horizontally-opposed
flyer86d
Great article!

Charlie
horizontally-opposed
Thanks everyone.

Had a blast with Trevor and Sara, and something about our conversations that day changed the way I keep and use my 914. Car cover hasn't been on it since…
914dave
Congratulations Pete. Excellent feature. A nice tribute to our dishonest Volkswagens.
@horizontally-opposed we beerchug.gif
TRS63
What a nice article, put the right light on these fantastic cars smile.gif

And this one is an amazing example, makes me even more thinking about a -6 conversion smile.gif

Antoine
davehg
Maybe fifteen years or so I was at my first Rennsport, surrounded by amazing Porsches of all kinds. I walked near the pit area where the race cars gathered...and just stopped.

There was the Troutman 914. It was so different, so unlike all the myriad of other Porsches there. I was smitten. Years later, it was the Brumos 914-6, and the Lufthansa GT.

While everyone was chasing ever-escalating 911s, I decided to chased a 914. I’m lucky to have gotten in before the rest of Porschephiles rediscovered the 914s charms.

1600 miles over four days in a tired 914 3.2 conversion sealed the bond between me, my son, and our 914. Someday I’ll own a 911 of some vintage but the 914 will stay. Which one is the question. Probably both.
wonkipop
i enjoyed reading that.
thank you mr. abes-914 for linking it.

not a single apology for / or qualifying remark, about the car.
about "bloody time" motoring authors stopped being "racist" around 14s.
(but i will admit to enjoying being a pariah all these years).

thats a real nice car you have nurtured mr. horizontally-opposed. beerchug.gif
CptTripps
Well written article about an obviously well loved car.

Congrats!
Curbandgutter
Wow what a great read, amazing pictures, beautiful car. Well done!!!
brant
great article...
and Beautiful CAR !

914-300Hemi
Great article and wonderful story.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(914dave @ Mar 28 2021, 05:15 AM) *

Congratulations Pete. Excellent feature. A nice tribute to our dishonest Volkswagens.
@horizontally-opposed we beerchug.gif

Thanks, Dave! Haven't pointed my dad at the article yet, but suspect he'll get a kick out of it.

And just for the record, he thinks pretty much all Porsches are dishonest Volkswagens. shades.gif Or did until he started riding in some of the faster/more exotic stuff. Stems from his VW days, when 356 parts that were literally VW parts with a different number scratched onto the box. I meant to show him the pass. door latch when I had it out of my 914, and will do so when I get around to the driver's door. Bomoro, the supplier, literally put a line through the VW part number and added a Porsche number…on the part itself. I had a good chuckle…
cali914
Man Pete they got you looking like Steve McQueen in this article. Lucky your married otherwise the ladies would be coming after you. biggrin.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(cali914 @ Mar 31 2021, 09:47 AM) *

Man Pete they got you looking like Steve McQueen in this article. Lucky your married otherwise the ladies would be coming after you. biggrin.gif

Haha, you know the TRUTH @cali914

(What people don't know is HC was my junior high PE teacher—and I was definitely runt o' the litter. He was/is also the craziest teacher I ever had, blindfolding all of us to guide us over a path of burning coals barefoot. I'll never forget that day, or big Doug wailing in pain as all of us ripped our blindfolds off, to hell with the guaranteed C-, or B-, or whatever the penalty was.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.