Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official 2021 Northeast 914 Gathering Info Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Big Len
This post will be the standard for updates.

This is a PCA sponsored event, which means insurance forms must be filled out by all drivers. Look for the "Driver Registration" sign in the parking lot upon your arrival.

The Date - July 16 - 18, 2021

The Place - The Hampton Inn in Matamoras, PA is a newer Hilton run hotel that has all the extras and a prime location. It includes a real breakfast (you know, the artery clogging kind - bacon, eggs, etc.) an indoor pool, a secure parking lot not visible from the main road with cameras and good lighting, your choice of King or Queen rooms, and a really nice atmosphere. I have secured 25 rooms, both King & Queen equally priced with a group rate of $124.00 per night + tax. This includes all hotel amenities. The easiest way to reserve a room is the link below.

Hampton Inn
122 Westfall Town Dr,
Matamoras, PA
(570) 491-5280
GROUP BLOCK NAME - "Northeast 914"
RESERVATION LINK - https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/...ILTONLINKDIRECT
You must hold the room with a credit card, but NO CHARGES will be applied until you arrive. The cutoff date is June 16th and you can cancel without penalty up to 48 hours of your stay.

For drivers, there is a $35.00 registration fee which includes an embroidered polo shirt, a window decal, tickets to the vendor raffles, and a Saturday night BBQ on the hotel grounds and yes, I'm making the jerk wings. If you bring a guest, the BBQ is no charge. If you'd like another shirt for yourself or a guest, they are $20.00 each, your choice of men's or women's, whatever size. We're trying to keep things simple. For the registration fee, you can use PayPal or send me a check. DON"T FORGET TO INCLUDE YOU SIZES !!!
The cutoff date here is the same as the hotel, June 16th !!!
(570) 491-5280

lcoloccia4077@gmail.com

We plan on hanging out on Friday night and watching cars come in from all over and maybe have a "group buy" for a dozen pizzas. Saturday morning after breakfast and the driver's meeting, we have a great 125 mile round trip planned through the Catskills on winding roads, across a covered bridge, lunch, and a photo stop at Bethel Center for the Arts, the old Woodstock Concert site. For the 23 cars who came last year, we get to drive Hawk's Nest again, this time in both directions. Upon returning to the hotel, you can spend a few afternoon hours jumping in the pool (it may be hot like last year), relaxing, or fixing your car (God forbid!). Saturday night starts the BBQ, raffles, a couple of tech sessions, and a few stupid games and lots of comradery. BYOB, but water, ice, cups and the like will be provided. We have a very good group.

This will be Saturday's route - https://goo.gl/maps/rTdbovQu7B5YL2pM7
Any updates/changes will be posted here on the first page of this thread. See ya there - Bob, Dave, and Len

As of June 19th, this is the list of names for ROOM RESERVATIONS:

Tony A.
Ben & Fay B.
Jon C.
Robert Cr***
Bonnie E. (2 rooms)
Rory G.
Ralph & Lynne G.
Bob & Vanessa
Thomas H.
Paul H.
Steven H.
Michael J.
Ian K.
Thomas L.
Ray M.
Edward M.
Joe M.
Lenny & Linda
Steve & Deborah R.
Dave T.
Ellen & Bruce H.
Mark E.
Dave M.
Robert S.

If your name isn't here and you've made hotel reservations, PM me.

PAID SHIRT ORDERS AS OF JUNE 19th

Ed M - Mens M
Linda - Womens XL
Len - Mens XL
Steven H - Mens 3XL and Mens XL
David W - Men's L
J. Gregory W - Mens L & Womens M
Bob H - Mens L & Womens M
Thomas L - Mens M
Rory G - Mens XL & Men's L
Ben B - Mens L
Ray M - Mens XL
Deborah R - Mens XL
Ralph G - Mens XL
Tony A - Mens L
Michael J - Mens S & Womens S
Bruce H. Mens XL
Jon C. - Mens XL
Tom E. - Men's XL & Men's M
Rob C. - Men's L
Tony P - Mens XL & Women's L
Joe M. - Mens XL
Ian K. - Mens XL
Mark E. - Mens XL
Dave M. - Men's XL
David H. - Mens L
Jeffrey S. Men's M & Women's M
Dave T. - Mens XL
Tom H. - Mens L
John O. - Mens L
Parker B. Mens M & Mens S

Again, if you've sent $ or have a size change, PM me. The cutoff for shirts is JUNE 16th.
TonyA
Thanks Len and company. I’ll book this once I get in front of a computer. Can stand working on a little phone screen. Old eyes.
mepstein
Thanks Len. I'm looking forward to it. beerchug.gif
Porschef
beerchug.gif

Should be another great time beer.gif

Thanks for putting this together. Now to go out and see if she’ll start... biggrin.gif
rmital
...gas tank cleaned, fuel lines replaced, brand new fuel pump...looking forward to attending with my 914 this year. silver914.jpg
BeatNavy
Resos made. Thanks for all the hard work Len! (and Bob and Dave and whoever I'm missing that I should credit).

thumb3d.gif
BillJ
Wish i could make it but the 10 hours each way to get there is prohibitive! Thanks Len for running a great show.
rgolia
I am booked....great job Len and Associates Looking forward to it.
TonyA
All booked and tee shirt ordered. Thanks Big Len and Co.
rgalla9146

I'm in.
Thanks Len and Co.
Gonna be great.
Big Len
QUOTE(TonyA @ Mar 29 2021, 05:04 PM) *

All booked and tee shirt ordered. Thanks Big Len and Co.

Got it Tony, you're the first. Glad PayPal worked. piratenanner.gif
Tonyooc
How many cars do you usually get to this event? I may be back east by then and might attend.
Big Len
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Mar 30 2021, 10:38 AM) *

How many cars do you usually get to this event? I may be back east by then and might attend.

Tony - Bob or Dave can correct me but I'm pretty sure last year (which was the first) there were 19 cars that stayed the weekend and another 4 that came for Saturday.
sjhenry1075
Just booked my hotel! Will send the $$ for the other expenses soon via PayPal. Can't wait, this should be fun!
TonyA
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 30 2021, 02:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Mar 30 2021, 10:38 AM) *

Tony - Bob or Dave can correct me but I'm pretty sure last year (which was the first) there were 19 cars that stayed the weekend and another 4 that came for Saturday.

That sounds correct Len
StarBear
I’m in; wife will come, too. Reservations tonight and registration after dinner.
Big Len
QUOTE(StarBear @ Mar 30 2021, 06:07 PM) *

I’m in; wife will come, too. Reservations tonight and registration after dinner.

Sent a pm.
StarBear
QUOTE(TonyA @ Mar 26 2021, 10:24 PM) *

Thanks Len and company. I’ll book this once I get in front of a computer. Can stand working on a little phone screen. Old eyes.

agree.gif Me, too....
rmital
reservation made, registration sent/paypal'd
biggrin.gif silver914.jpg flag.gif chowtime.gif shades.gif
BENBRO02
Thanks Len, Bob, and Dave. pray.gif Registration fee and shirt size sent, and reservations made. That pool will come in handy if it’s as warm as last year.
driving.gif chowtime.gif drunk.gif
saigon71
Reservations made. Thanks for setting this up Len! beerchug.gif

rgalla9146

Reservations made.
Thank you Len and crew.
TonyA
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Apr 1 2021, 05:42 PM) *

Reservations made. Thanks for setting this up Len! beerchug.gif

I am sure you will have that cut out problem doves by then I hope. I am practicing for the jeopardy questions.
flat4guy
what a great deal - wish we were closer
Porschef
Booked ‘n Bumped beerchug.gif
Warren914

Looks like a good time. I won't be visiting this year due to covid related border closures. Hopefully summer 2022 could be a good road trip from Nova Scotia.

Several years ago Yahoo Groups 914 owners had an East Coast rally at Saranac Lake. I had to drive west for 15 hours to reach the East coast!
Big Len
QUOTE(Warren914 @ Apr 7 2021, 11:13 AM) *

Looks like a good time. I won't be visiting this year due to covid related border closures. Hopefully summer 2022 could be a good road trip from Nova Scotia.

Several years ago Yahoo Groups 914 owners had an East Coast rally at Saranac Lake. I had to drive west for 15 hours to reach the East coast!

Next year's event may be a bit closer for you Warren, perhaps the Berkshires in western Massachusetts or Connecticut. We'll see.
Big Len
Exactly 3 months to go. Running the route tomorrow.
StarBear
Yay! Gathering spare parts and starting’ her up for Spring training.
Big Len
Had to do the route twice as the first half of my initial route sucked, so Linda and I ran it again this past weekend. Rough roads and ugly towns, but now it's really good, perfect for our cars.
Somehow we're going to make this route downloadable with audible turn for turn directions (GPX file?).
Anyway, this is the route (looks like a sperm cell, yeah I know). 10 more weeks.
https://goo.gl/maps/rTdbovQu7B5YL2pM7
Olympic 914
First we had to get reservations for the Dogs

But now.

Hotel booked and Registration sent.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying some fine winding roads. piratenanner.gif driving.gif olympic914.jpg

914dave
Ok guys and gals. Pennsylvania will be fully open by Memorial Day weekend. Masks are the only requirement. 70% of the discounted rooms are booked. So don’t mess around if you’re considering this weekend. We had a blast last year!!! Don’t miss out.
Big Len
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ May 5 2021, 10:18 AM) *

First we had to get reservations for the Dogs

But now.

Hotel booked and Registration sent.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying some fine winding roads. piratenanner.gif driving.gif olympic914.jpg

Got it Tom thanks.
Will post an complete registration list as we get a bit closer.
MDTerp
Hotel reservation made. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Big Len
QUOTE(MDTerp @ May 10 2021, 09:34 PM) *

Great Mike. It'll be great to meet you.

They'll be quite a few significant others there, so feel free to bring them.
StarBear
Doing pre-trip inspections and part replacements today. Oil changed, and points cleaned. The drive path looks awesome. pray.gif
Really excited! beerchug.gif
MDTerp
QUOTE(Big Len @ May 11 2021, 08:15 AM) *

QUOTE(MDTerp @ May 10 2021, 09:34 PM) *

Great Mike. It'll be great to meet you.

They'll be quite a significant others there, so feel free to bring them.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Thanks for organizing it.

Wife will join if we can work out arrangements to watch the kids.
lvnzdrm
Room booked, need to start the punch list. Good time last year!!
Big Len
QUOTE(lvnzdrm @ May 11 2021, 08:57 PM) *

Glad to hear Jon.
Now the question is: Which to bring? Orange, green or maybe both?
lvnzdrm
QUOTE(Big Len @ May 12 2021, 09:30 AM) *

QUOTE(lvnzdrm @ May 11 2021, 08:57 PM) *

Glad to hear Jon.
Now the question is: Which to bring? Orange, green or maybe both?

Working on a Co-Pilot for one of them.!its a possibility
cause
vacc'ed and receiving delivery of my (rough shape) 914 just in time! might need some local help dialing in my transmission ahead of time, but the wife and I look forward to joining
Big Len
2 months to go, 1 month before end of deadline. After June 16th, I cannot guarantee room or shirt availability.
StarBear
Another trial run today; longer and warmer weather. Voltage regulator seemed a bit wonky so swapped it out. Another run tomorrow.
rmital
QUOTE(Big Len @ May 16 2021, 11:05 AM) *

2 months to go, 1 month before end of deadline. After June 16th, I cannot guarantee room or shirt availability.

...just a heads up....or icon_bump.gif
I have inside information that 21 rooms are booked so far?! (holy crap)
this should be an amazing event/get-together/chance to meet other 914ers.

don't miss out!

it's really cool seeing that many of our cars driving around together...
...and hopefully Ian will be there for some excellent aerial documentation aktion035.gif
Alapone
QUOTE(rmital @ May 19 2021, 09:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Big Len @ May 16 2021, 11:05 AM) *

...just a heads up....or icon_bump.gif
I have inside information that 21 rooms are booked so far?! (holy crap)
this should be an amazing event/get-together/chance to meet other 914ers.

don't miss out!

it's really cool seeing that many of our cars driving around together...
...and hopefully Ian will be there for some excellent aerial documentation aktion035.gif

Great time last year. I'm in!
Big Len
Great time last year. I'm in!
[/quote]

Glad you can make it.

I received permission from the Bethel Center for the Arts for our cars to park directly across the road from the Woodstock Memorial, creating a perfect backdrop to an aerial photo. There are no bands scheduled that weekend (Chicago plays there 3 days later), so we should have the place to ourselves.

If you've never been there, you'll be able to imagine the shoulder to shoulder crowds digging the music. It's hallowed ground to anyone growing up at a time and also, at a time when the first 914's were rolling off the assembly lines.
cause
turn out the hotel doesnt allow dogs—so ill just be coming for the day it seems, unless i get an airbnb close by
Big Len
QUOTE(cause @ May 24 2021, 11:43 AM) *

turn out the hotel doesnt allow dogs—so ill just be coming for the day it seems, unless i get an airbnb close by

There is a Best Western about 80 yards away from the Hampton Inn (they share a central parking lot) that is pet friendly. It's a nice looking place, buy I don't know their daily rates.
sjhenry1075
I just sent my registration and shirt information. It will actually be myself, and my father (the original and previous owner). We're both looking forward to this event!
Big Len
QUOTE(sjhenry1075 @ May 26 2021, 04:10 PM) *

I just sent my registration and shirt information. It will actually be myself, and my father (the original and previous owner). We're both looking forward to this event!

Wow, excellent Steve. And yes received your shirt $.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.