Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Fog Light Switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
After a years time I’m finally getting around to wiring up the rear fog light that I installed on my ‘74 2.0L. What switch have folks used for activating this light? What did the original euro 914’s switch look like and where was it mounted....on the dash adjacent to where the rear defogger was mounted? I know I could mount a switch under the dash but I’d prefer something that appears somewhat original.
Jett
QUOTE(Cal @ Mar 28 2021, 07:22 AM) *

After a years time I’m finally getting around to wiring up the rear fog light that I installed on my ‘74 2.0L. What switch have folks used for activating this light? What did the original euro 914’s switch look like and where was it mounted....on the dash adjacent to where the rear defogger was mounted? I know I could mount a switch under the dash but I’d prefer something that appears somewhat original.

I had ours installed using the front fog light switch, but later found the correct multi stage fog light switch from a member. The switch has three settings allowing me to turn on the fog lights and rear light separately .
Dion
I used this switch in this spot to the left of the cig. lighter.
Cal
QUOTE(Jett @ Mar 28 2021, 10:27 AM) *

I had ours installed using the front fog light switch, but later found the correct multi stage fog light switch from a member. The switch has three settings allowing me to turn on the fog lights and rear light separately .

Is this three-way switch the same one as used on the 911’s
Cal
QUOTE(Dion @ Mar 28 2021, 10:30 AM) *

I used this switch in this spot to the left of the cig. lighter.

This is where I was originally going to install it....but wasn’t sure. I didn’t want to cut the vinyl dash before knowing the actual location.
raynekat
Where I put mine....

Click to view attachment
Jett
QUOTE(Cal @ Mar 28 2021, 08:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Mar 28 2021, 10:27 AM) *

Is this three-way switch the same one as used on the 911’s

I think it is but not sure.
bkrantz
The switch on the right.
Cal
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Mar 28 2021, 09:24 PM) *

The switch on the right.

Thanks, I’ll place a WTB ad in classified section.
cdn914
I added a rear fog light switch I found in Europe.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.