reharvey
Wow--That's a lot of money for a 1.8 914

https://youtu.be/u9oq5XdlJMA
sixnotfour
Shiny..
reharvey
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 28 2021, 02:47 PM) *

Shiny..

Does anyone here know this car? What is it that makes it worth $85,800 with a 4 cyl. engine. Ray
mb911
Whats funny is that my car is limited on insurance value without an appraisal to 28,000. And then you see this car sell at 85k.. what is the difference between mine and that car? Well that looks like superb paint and probably not a rusty car to start but mine is a -6 conversion.. odd for sure
Coondog
QUOTE(reharvey @ Mar 28 2021, 02:08 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 28 2021, 02:47 PM) *

Shiny..

Does anyone here know this car? What is it that makes it worth $85,800 with a 4 cyl. engine. Ray

Nothing makes that car worth 85k
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 28 2021, 03:25 PM) *

Whats funny is that my car is limited on insurance value without an appraisal to 28,000. And then you see this car sell at 85k.. what is the difference between mine and that car? Well that looks like superb paint and probably not a rusty car to start but mine is a -6 conversion.. odd for sure

By this auction result, it would seem any similarly nice six conversion—or any merely nice six conversion—should be at least six figures. But we know that isn't the case…

…so this is one of those auction results I wouldn't hang a hat on.

Interesting date point, given what someone was willing to pay, but certainly not definitive. Kind of like the BUB cars that went for similar money ($85-95k). Even those auction results made more sense than this one…to me, at least.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.