Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not yet Spaced Out in Scottsdale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Does anyone have, and could you relay the "correct distance between the PORSCHE emblem letters on a 71 (gold letter) deck lid?

Maybe the image I found is correctish....

thanks
beerchug.gif

question of no relation to my 993............. just a nice car pic
drem914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Mar 29 2021, 01:08 PM) *

Does anyone have, and could you relay the "correct distance between the PORSCHE emblem letters on a 71 (gold letter) deck lid?

Maybe the image I found is correctish....

thanks
beerchug.gif

question of no relation to my 993............. just a nice car pic

Forrest, I'll do a quick check later this afternoon when I get back home.
I just reinstalled (actually your old letters) on the deck lid in their original spots (according to the minor indentations on the deck grille.)
forrestkhaag
forget that diagram as attached / those numbers are not consitent between each letter........ I will have corrected diagram shortly. hissyfit.gif beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
Forrest,

On my previous 75. There was a marking of old letterings on the grill and I just placed mine exactly where the markings are. Hope this will also help you.

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Forrest -

Jeff Bowlsby has the correct diagram on his Classic 914 website, but I don't recall which subsection it's under - maybe start with Diagrams sub-section.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
iankarr
Here's the layout I used...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t&id=198541

and check at about 3:00 in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5B108S6DvA
forrestkhaag
This works for spacing / not sure on location.......
914_7T3
Click to view attachment
forrestkhaag
and.................
forrestkhaag
914 7T3's looks more right than my first attempt.
drem914
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 29 2021, 01:36 PM) *
Forrest,
On my previous 75. There was a marking of old letterings on the grill and I just placed mine exactly where the markings are. Hope this will also help you.
Click to view attachment

I had done the same thing on my '75, but our outer letter locations look to be different buy around 3/4" which in turn adjusts our interior letter spacing. So much for consistency.
Click to view attachment
914_7T3
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Mar 29 2021, 01:53 PM) *

914 7T3's looks more right than my first attempt.

Worked for me!

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Jeffery,
Did your engine lid and side grill lowers get painted black? They look body color in picture.
forrestkhaag
the pix sent were helpful. I have placed the letters per the diagram (the correct one...) and they look like Drem and InD's placement. Thanks beerchug.gif
colingreene
Happy to see you are alive and kicking.
Larmo63
I thought you were going to announce to the world that you have dementia?

We already knew it, we just didn't want to tell you.

Click to view attachment
914_7T3
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 29 2021, 03:21 PM) *

Jeffery,
Did your engine lid and side grill lowers get painted black? They look body color in picture.

@914Sixer

Negative, only realized after I put the grills back on and too lazy to mess with it now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.