Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - I got a new supervisor at work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
The boss I had for the past 2 years was a real dhead.gif . He was a 1st class lying, incompetent piece of stromberg.gif . I went so far as to post a thread here about a year ago telling him to flipa.gif just to vent. Much to my relief he quit a month ago. A week ago his relpacement started. I figured anyone would be better. What to you think my new boss turns out to be like?

So far the new manager has been one of the best I have ever worked for. She (yes it is a woman) is knowledgeable, fair, understanding, etc, etc. She has all of the qualities you could dream of for a boss. For example - The other day she asked me if there were any problems that needed to be corrected to make my job easier. I told her 3 things off the top of my head. 2 of them she fixed on the spot. The other was taken care of the next day. These were things I had given up on trying to resolve with the old boss after months of frustration.
Jeroen
must be real refreshing!
Joe Ricard
The boss really makes the job.
Glad for you just make sure you keep up your end of the deal. "work hard" and uh oh yea "work hard". the Boss will notice and you will reap the rewards.
tdgray
Just my .02.

I try to be the best boss I can as I know that my people have these exact feelings toward me and all the other VP's.

Three things I try to keep in mind.

1) My employees are not super hero's. For the most part they do the best they can. They stay late, arrive early and put in a full day. You can't ask for much more.

2) They have lives other than work, support this. A happy employee is better than a disgruntled overworked employee.

3) Dole out equal parts praise and criticism. Very important. If you never tell your employee what they are doing right and wrong they are just running blind.

I think I have an excellent relationship with my employees. I hope they feel the same.

In this age of too much work and not enough people, ya gotta keep 'em happy.
spare time toys
OK but does she got a nice rack? calvin.gif
rick 918-S
I have a new one too. Must be your old one! We had a two day team meeting. Everyone told him their buried and were all working late into the night. Instead of believing us as a whole he tells us we need to organize our time. He has me documenting my activity on the half hour. What an ass! Maybe he's trying to make me quite? HA! That will be the day!

BTW: he's the ethic where I work as stated by one of the big shots at a touchy feely meeting with about 100 people...

" If this is only a job to you, maybe you should think about an other career path."

I've got news for you buddy. I have a life, I don't have to invent one. screwy.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jul 20 2005, 04:20 AM)

WORD....
tat2dphreak
cool! a good supervisor makes all the difference...

I moved positions about 10 months ago within the company, my old boss was as cool as could be, if we had to work late, he was there with us, ordering pizza for us... it got bad enough that he kept a sleeping bag up here to catch a few winks in... if we wore jeans, he didn't give a crap, because we got our job done... it's not like we were interacting with people, we were just sitting in a cube...

but I'd been in that position for 4 years basically, and was tired of the work, wanted something more challenging, so I went to a development team, my new supervisor is a total hypocrite and a PITA... according to her we aren't supposed to be on the internet, we go by her desk, that's all she's doing... plus, she never takes up for her employees. on the brighter side dry.gif she's now been "working from home" for 3 weeks now while her kids are out of school... her supervisor is in Milwaukee so he has no clue, they just communicate by phone and email.
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Manfred Z @ Jul 20 2005, 07:14 AM)

WORD....

The new boss lady is just kind of so-so.

But then again my perspective is tainted by the 80+ cocktail waitresses I deal with on a daily basis.
MoveQik
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jul 20 2005, 06:41 AM)
QUOTE (Manfred Z @ Jul 20 2005, 07:14 AM)

WORD....

The new boss lady is just kind of so-so.

But then again my perspective is tainted by the 80+ cocktail waitresses I deal with on a daily basis.

Are you a dealer?
VegasRacer
Bartender. beer.gif
goose2
Glad to hear the dhead.gif is gone John...life can suck when you hate going to work. And jeeze...those eyeball pictures are icon8.gif ...makes me think about an old joke about a one-eyed hooker.......
redshift
huh.gif
URY914
I got people trying to hire me away from where I work every week.
I've been here three years and this is the second longest I've worked for a company. Not perfect, but I don't want to start over again.

But, like they say $$$ talks...

Paul
Flat VW
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jul 20 2005, 02:45 AM)
The boss I had for the past 2 years was a real dhead.gif . He was a 1st class lying, incompetent piece of stromberg.gif . I went so far as to post a thread here about a year ago telling him to flipa.gif just to vent. Much to my relief he quit a month ago. A week ago his relpacement started. I figured anyone would be better. What to you think my new boss turns out to be like?

So far the new manager has been one of the best I have ever worked for. She (yes it is a woman) is knowledgeable, fair, understanding, etc, etc. She has all of the qualities you could dream of for a boss. For example - The other day she asked me if there were any problems that needed to be corrected to make my job easier. I told her 3 things off the top of my head. 2 of them she fixed on the spot. The other was taken care of the next day. These were things I had given up on trying to resolve with the old boss after months of frustration.

Is she cute?

John
Flat VW
QUOTE (goose2 @ Jul 20 2005, 06:51 AM)
Glad to hear the dhead.gif is gone John...life can suck when you hate going to work. And jeeze...those eyeball pictures are icon8.gif ...makes me think about an old joke about a one-eyed hooker.......

"Would (wood) I (eye)"!!!???

John w00t.gif
goose2
joke about a one-eyed hooker.......

the punch line was "I'll keep an eye out for ya".... needs no set-up
Howard
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Jul 20 2005, 08:49 AM)
QUOTE (goose2 @ Jul 20 2005, 06:51 AM)

"Would (wood) I (eye)"!!!???

John w00t.gif

Harelip! wacko.gif

My daughter started with a new firm about 3 mos ago. They had an exceptionally busy weekend that kicked everyone's ass. A few days later, she gets a handwritten thank you letter from the big boss with a C note in the envelope.

That guy just bought $10,000 worth of loyalty for $100. Good bosses know their stuff.
Carlitos Way
Sorry for the minor hijack, but I've been going through the same thing lately. About two years ago i started working as a sub-contractor at AMGEN. Recently (February 14th, of all days), we were transferred to a new contracting company. It meant benefits and paid vacations for me, with a slight raise in salary. However, the new company seems to be ass-backwards now. The supervisor I had for the first year and a half ended up resigning because he couldn't work within this environment (great guy to work for). We are now on our third supervisor (had an interim supervisor for a month - what a prick ar15.gif ) and it turns out he has worked with some of us before, under a different capacity. I think it's time to look for a new job.
djm914-6
Gee John, I thought your Boss was a Jewish Carpenter cool.gif
VegasRacer
LOL David.
The work is not always fun, but His retirement plan is fantastic.
Dead Air
Well,
I got a new job that starts tomorrow. Drywall finish for the school district. It pays "rate". Might last 6-8 weeks but I have to start at & AM, ouch!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.