Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Top Removal - Time to bite the bullet!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Calwaterbear
Ok so I can't keep looking at it and thinking it's Ok for now. so I bit the bullet and dropped the dough for 914 rubbers replacement dash top. might as well make it all nice.

But, I'll be danged if I can see how to remove the original piece? I can't see any screws or clips?

any seasoned experienced veteran here want to let me in in the secret to removing that top dash piece?

thanks

CWB
Calwaterbear
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Mar 31 2021, 09:25 AM) *

Thanks, between that and an old post here, I think i have it, I appreciate you taking thr time to help me out!
RARE 6
QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ Mar 31 2021, 08:46 AM) *

QUOTE(GregAmy @ Mar 31 2021, 09:25 AM) *

Thanks, between that and an old post here, I think i have it, I appreciate you taking thr time to help me out!

Fun part will be the install. Had to call in my wife and her much smaller long fingers to start one troublesome nut somewhere around the ash tray. Have a picture somewhere of her flat on her back under the dasy in a somewhat compromising position but I'll spare her the embarrassment.
Calwaterbear
I'm sure it will be a PITA. right now I'm blocked from moving further, because i have one screw in the knee bolster that refuses to move. its the one just to the right of the steering column, no way to get to the back of it, i tried PB blaster through the trap door hole there, don't know if I'm hitting the nut/ screw at all, but i'm stripping the head of the screw, and if that happens, with it being recessed in the knee bolster, i don't really see a way to cut it off - i guess I'l have to drill off the head and go from there
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.