Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Cal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stuttgart46
I just moved from Houston to Santa Monica and I wanted to see if there were any 914 meets or shows coming up.

I am currently Porscheless as I sold (2) cars before I made the move.

Hopefully that will be changing soon. I am working as a coach at the Porsche Experience so thankfully I still get to play with cars.

Any advice or suggestions for good car shows, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
stuttgart46
Thank you for the heads up.

Coondog
Facebook. So Cal Porsche events

You don’t need a Porsche to join in on our May 22 run. You can always hitch a ride with myself or another teener.

Of course we will hit you up for the Homie hook up at your job........ driving.gif
Tdskip
Welcome to SoCal!

Pretty active cars and coffee scene still in various locations, good way to connect and network as well.
bdstone914
Welcome. I hold a 914 swap in spring and fall. The swap meet is in Riverside on a Sunday.
Lasting two have been cancelled due to covid. It is announced here.
campbellcj
Welcome to SoCal and condolences re Santa Monica (lol, I worked/commuted there for >15yrs). In terms of non 914-specific car events, the weekend C&C shows in Malibu are still hit-or-miss lately, but Griffith Park is going and hopefully PECLA Morning Shift will start back up in a couple months. I believe the Peterson auto museum recently re-opened as well or is about to, in case you've never been there. Also there are canyon fun runs as well as track events going on around here pretty much every Fri-Sat-Sun. Hope to meet you out there sometime.
stuttgart46
Thank you guys for the warm welcome.

Coondog, I am going to take you up on that offer.

PECLA is incredible. I was able to do be there for a cold start and warm up on the Jagermeister 962 a few weeks ago. Just an epic experience.
MM1
Welcome to SoCal - IMHO the Santa Monica Mtns are the most fun/scenic/tightest with the least squid traffic (unlike Los Angeles National Forest roads - Hwy 2 etc. . ."Angeles Crest" as many call it). Drive to Malibu and try Latigo Canyon, Piuma, Stunt, Scheuren,Tuna Canyon(!), "the Snake" above the "Rock Store"(unfortunately ruined in the last 15 years with tv shows/exposure) - and my favorites (up to Boney Mountain): Deer Creek Rd, Pacific View Dr, Cotharin, Yerba Buena Rd to Little Sycamore Canyon Rd. to Mulholland - happy to drive you up there. It's especially beautiful in a "rainy year" . . .once or twice a decade lately.
stuttgart46
I will check that out ASAP.

I had a 914 as my first car back in 1989 and I have been envious of you guys out here since then.

These roads and the weather are perfect out here.

I think my next one will make # 12 for me. No better place to have a 914 than here.
pete000
Santa Monica to Carson is a daily hike. But to get to drive brand new Porsches flat out daily would be far worth the 405 trek ! As Axle says welcome to the Jungle !
jim_hoyland
welcome.png in So Cal
I still have the tranny I bought from you years ago... smile.gif
stuttgart46
That's awesome Jim. Glad it worked out.

Pete, it's an incredible place. I'm luckier than I know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.