Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vanagon 70 AMP Alternator, Rock Auto
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geezer914
Just received a Remy 70 amp alternator for a 77 Vanagon. It came with the fan and pulley! Part number 14062.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Apr 2 2021, 12:50 PM) *

Just received a Remy 70 amp alternator for a 77 Vanagon. It came with the fan and pulley! Part number 14062.

The Vanagon didn't start till 1980, but they used the same T4 engine till 1983.5
1977 is a VW transporter, it should work good on a 914/4

Sycolyst
Check the length of the positive stud coming out of the alternator backside. You may have to cut that down so it does not ground out against the fan cover. Ask me how I know that.....
hcdmueller
The 70 amp doesn't use a rear cover. I have one on my 914 now. It has a different case and uses a round cooling elbow instead of the oval-shaped one of the 55 amp. Buses that came from the factory with a type 4 and eberspacher heater had the 70 amp. I think the 912e had it too.

The pulley with the fan is hard to find. I'll have to order the alt just for that.
hcdmueller
Just checked. Looks like they are out of stock. Probably the last we'll see of them any time soon.
Bleyseng
I have a 70 amp alt in my 77 westy. Only took me 5 years to find it!
Geezer914
I put my name on a list to notify me when they were in stock.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.