Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ignition coil recommendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wew
Hi all,

My many challenges and victories have been chronicled on this forum.
The great news is I continue to inch forward.
Got two of the front a arm bushings installed. Rears and fuel pump relocation tomorrow.
Transmission now attached to motor.
My next question is based on my build is there a particular coil that wil work better.
2056 set up with a performance cam, nothing crazy and within limits to stay with the fuel injection. Heads have been re-done and upgraded with 1.7 arms and elephant feet adjusters. Set up for spirited driving not tracking. (Thanks Rich - 914 Werke)
The coil that was in the car looks like it actually shorted or something at one point and has a hole on the out cover.
Just by looking at that I think it’s best to purchase a new one.
I looked around on the forum but didn’t find a thread dedicated to this topic so I thought I would ask.
If I missed it I apologize but still look forward to your input on what you would recommend with my set up.
Dizzy has already been updated so no points or condenser.

Thanks much!

P.s. did the fresh air box screen and seal. It is a nightmare and did take 3 people to wrangle that thing in there along with the rubber band assist.
Tdskip
Hard to go wrong with a Bosch Blue.
914Sixer
Beru is another option
pete000
Bosch Blue Coil. IMHO
Wew
Thanks for the input. Coil ordered.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.