Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Frunkin Help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Robarabian
Need the collectives knowledge.

I had to change out my Front Radiator on my Suby car. In the process of removing the shrouding etc... I had to remove the lower Front trunk latch and the cable attachment. When I re-installed the assembly, I thought I put it in the same spot. I noticed on my test drives and shakedown runs, my hood is popping as if I pulled the cable.

Is there a process to ensure proper security and adjustment?

Is my cable too tight and when the body flexes its pulling?

Move more left, right, up or down??? Yikes??

I am ready to button everything up for good, but need to figure this out.

Thank you all!

Robert
bdstone914
Yes it could be too tight. It actually helps to have a small amount of slack in the cabel to open it.
Robarabian
Ill try to slacken it up a bit....Thanks for the direction.

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 2 2021, 09:58 PM) *

Yes it could be too tight. It actually helps to have a small amount of slack in the cabel to open it.

sixnotfour
2 914s 1 boxster (track car) forgot their Hood Pins...a record..covid related Im sure...luckily the factory provides a FailSafe.......Lucky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDForwCdN_c
Robarabian
@bdstone914 the slackening of the cable worked. It stays down tight now. Learn something new every day. Thanks!
BK911
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 3 2021, 10:32 AM) *

2 914s 1 boxster (track car) forgot their Hood Pins...a record..covid related Im sure...luckily the factory provides a FailSafe.......Lucky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDForwCdN_c

Holy fuch!!
Couldn't even imagine.
Kick it into 5th, cruising along getting ready to kick some butt and pass these poser gt3 wanna bees and wtf!!!
bdstone914
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Apr 3 2021, 04:22 PM) *

@bdstone914 the slackening of the cable worked. It stays down tight now. Learn something new every day. Thanks!

Credit to Chris Foley at Tangerine Racing. Seems to work for trunks that are very hard to open. Dont know why but it works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.