Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mr Gasket 4-7 PSI for Weber IDF too much pressure?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
This for a car that us set up with a front trunk mounted fuel pump (prior owner) that I suspect needs the Facet pump replaced. I know the low range of 4 PSI is fine but am concerned that the upper range list on the pump is too much.

Thanks and hope everyone has had a good Saturday.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Apr 3 2021, 06:31 PM) *

This for a car that us set up with a front trunk mounted fuel pump (prior owner) that I suspect needs the Facet pump replaced. I know the low range of 4 PSI is fine but am concerned that the upper range list on the pump is too much.

Thanks and hope everyone has had a good Saturday.

Is there a fuel pressure regulator? Every set of carbs is different. I had a set that had to be dialed down to 2.5 psi to not overflow.
914forme
3.5 lbs is what your carbs want.

CB Performance Rotary

I have one sitting on my bench I will not be using PM me we can work out a deal.
9146C
I agree with Bruce above...always try to regulate fuel pressure ahead of the carbs.

Attached is a photo of my regulator set up with dual 40 Webers...set to 3-1/2 psi (with a gauge on the regulator).

I just went with the Delphi FD0037 fuel pump from Napa...we'll see how that works in the long run. It's an all-metal pump case with 1/4" NPT fittings on both ends...allows different size barbed ends (available at any hardware store) to be fitted on each end depending on fuel line size.
930cabman
My experience is Webers are happy in the 2.5 - 3.5 psi range.
Tdskip
Thanks gentlemen
VaccaRabite
At about 5 pounds you will overcome the floats and flood the carbs with fuel. BTDT.

The pump will work but you will need to have a regulator in line.

Zach
porschetub
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Apr 6 2021, 01:04 AM) *

At about 5 pounds you will overcome the floats and flood the carbs with fuel. BTDT.

Zach

agree.gif for some reason my Carter/CB pump ran more pressure than the max listed unregulated with a quality gauge,set up the pressure to 3.5psi and got a small amount of spill over from the fuel bowls,reset to just over 3 psi and haven't had any issues since.
When I rebuilt my carbs I did a bench setup to make sure the float levels were to spec using the PMO level gauge,found this very handy as was pleased to see they were correct with the new washers and float valves from the kit,its also a good thing to measure the pump delivery on each throat.
Setting the pump delivery was a PTA due to the system on the Zeniths but got there in the end.
In summary pump pressure is important but float levels must be even also,good luck Tom.
930cabman
QUOTE(porschetub @ Apr 5 2021, 03:02 PM) *

Zach

agree.gif for some reason my Carter/CB pump ran more pressure than the max listed unregulated with a quality gauge,set up the pressure to 3.5psi and got a small amount of spill over from the fuel bowls,reset to just over 3 psi and haven't had any issues since.
When I rebuilt my carbs I did a bench setup to make sure the float levels were to spec using the PMO level gauge,found this very handy as was pleased to see they were correct with the new washers and float valves from the kit,its also a good thing to measure the pump delivery on each throat.
Setting the pump delivery was a PTA due to the system on the Zeniths but got there in the end.
In summary pump pressure is important but float levels must be even also,good luck Tom.

Yes and yes, carbs Will require some fiddling and float levels are very important. Once they are dialed in (and it can be a process) they can be frustrating, but satisfying at the same time.
Tdskip
Thanks for all the information and responses.
porschetub
QUOTE(930cabman @ Apr 6 2021, 10:01 AM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ Apr 5 2021, 03:02 PM) *

Zach

Yes and yes, carbs Will require some fiddling and float levels are very important. Once they are dialed in (and it can be a process) they can be frustrating, but satisfying at the same time.

IMO float level setting are secondary after the right fuel pressure is within spec otherwise its an issue,some rebuild kits have "knock off" float valves which in my experience don't hold pressure very well,had this with a Weber kit ,put the original Weber ones in a issue was gone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.