Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2056 with Ljet, any mods to the AFM?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geezer914
Building a 2056 with a 9550 cam, Ljet with 912 injectors. Any mods need to be done to the AFM?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Apr 4 2021, 07:11 AM) *

Building a 2056 with a 9550 cam, Ljet with 912 injectors. Any mods need to be done to the AFM?

No. The extra air flow will displace the door more and that will compensate for the extra displacement.

Clay
Mikey914
The 912e runs this setup. The fuel map is set up for a 1.8 on the 914 box, if you have any problems look for a 912e box.
There may be a few around as many did go to carbs. They were seen as an upgrade at one time. Funny with the 2.0 L jet configuration the 912e get about 25-30 mpg. One of the reasons most have a lot of miles on them.
timothy_nd28
To be absolutely sure, you’ll need to monitor the fuel air mixture in the exhaust.
Bleyseng
I would think you should check the air/fuel ratio with a O2setup after getting it running with that cam. On my Westy I had to adjust the afm richer
hcdmueller
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 5 2021, 06:21 AM) *

I would think you should check the air/fuel ratio with a O2setup after getting it running with that cam. On my Westy I had to adjust the afm richer

agree.gif

I built a camper special 2.0l for my last bus and definitely needed some adjustments on the AFM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.