Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: :stromberg: He's here now!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
phantom914
How much would a set of cylinders, pistons, rings and pins normally sell for?

Andrew
rhodyguy
check ? to type4 parts again. biggrin.gif oh, does the seller get to okeydoke the ? or does it take some time to post? i'm calling you ron.

k
TROJANMAN
somebody should buy something, just so you could thrash him with a negative feedback.

that would be so childish happy11.gif
Jake Raby
Nice! Silver painted cylinders...

Wonder why he didn't coat them in his kitchen oven with his proprietary coating process???
a914luvr
with a "Buy it Now" of $150, he'd probably tell me $200! stromberg.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (phantom914 @ Jul 20 2005, 09:07 AM)
How much would a set of cylinders, pistons, rings and pins normally sell for?

Andrew

Around $400 for OE as I remember.

Pictures aren't good enough to see if they are used and cleaned up.
lapuwali
Oh boy! Dished bus pistons! The perfect thing for any 914... blink.gif
Jake Raby
I have a used set of Mahle Euros on the classifieds for less than 1/2 price....

Dyno time only...
Toast
Run Away! Run Away! Run Away!

bondo
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Jul 20 2005, 09:56 AM)

Now that he can't get Nickies, he has to make imitations! lol2.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (bondo @ Jul 20 2005, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Jul 20 2005, 09:56 AM)

Now that he can't get Nickies, he has to make imitations! lol2.gif

that paint COULD be cold galvanizing zinc compound... Zincies wink.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Notice he tells the guy they'll fit in the case of a 1.7/1.8, but he fails to mention the guy will need a crank and rods to make 'em work ............. The Cap'n
bondo
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 20 2005, 10:54 AM)
Notice he tells the guy they'll fit in the case of a 1.7/1.8, but he fails to mention the guy will need a crank and rods to make 'em work ............. The Cap'n

Won't he have to open up the heads too?
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (bondo @ Jul 20 2005, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 20 2005, 10:54 AM)
Notice he tells the guy they'll fit in the case of a 1.7/1.8, but he fails to mention the guy will need a crank and rods to make 'em work .............  The Cap'n

Won't he have to open up the heads too?

yep... same great service... rolleyes.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE (Toast @ Jul 20 2005, 09:43 AM)
Run Away! Run Away! Run Away!

chairfall.gif
fatlando
just curious,

why does everybody bash this guy? I don't know the history.....

fat lando
TROJANMAN
b/c he's a piece of stromberg.gif

actually, he is the only one special enough to have a smilie named after him biggrin.gif
CptTripps
there are SEVERAL threads that come to mind...

rhodyguy has the most famous of all...

suffice it to say that when you type : stromberg : (without the spaces) stromberg.gif comes up for a reason...
tdgray
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jul 20 2005, 03:34 PM)
b/c he's a piece of stromberg.gif

actually, he is the only one special enough to have a smilie named after him biggrin.gif

Not quite true

: MILES : biggrin.gif
lapuwali
As should be fairly clear from the above, the guy promises lots that either can't be delivered by him, or can't be delivered by anyone. He sells junk as good stuff at low prices, when it's just junk at a high price. He regularly makes claims that can't be backed up by hard data. He regularly omits important details, either because he's incredibly forgetful, or he's just trying to make a sale and hopes the resulting complaints aren't too public.

For example, in the auction in question he claims the P&Cs will work on a 914 2.0 or a 2.0 Bus. This is, strictly speaking, true. However, a Bus engine needs to have very low compression relative to a 914 to help cope with the vastly higher load a fully loaded Bus struggling uphill into a headwind imposes on the engine, versus a 914. A 914 with pistons set up for a Bus will run, but it will get crappy mileage and have no power. A Bus will 914 pistons will blow up if you try to load it up and use it like a Bus. So, you can't reasonably, ethically, or responsibly sell one set of pistons for both engines.

spunone
Maybe those stromberg.gif are the ones he's gettin made in China idea.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (spunone @ Jul 20 2005, 02:50 PM)
Maybe those stromberg.gif are the ones he's gettin made in China idea.gif

they are probably just shined up pieces of 35 year old, 100k mile crap is more likely

the closest he's getting to something 'made in china' FOR him is a mail order bride...
Eric_Shea
: ALFRED : has his own... alfred.gif

And then there's "Z" (or it should be named Z) bootyshake.gif
Joe Bob
Here's one fer Eric....
flipa.gif
rhodyguy
seriously run out of cyberspace. stf-gone, here-gone, the bird-gone, thesamba-high tailing it, the fancy f.i.- who knows, myporscheparts.com- the lawyers are making up their minds, ebay-the last place he has any control over his postings. only thing left to do is warn the bidders and provide them with links. had enough you lurker?

k
grantsfo
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jul 20 2005, 03:03 PM)
seriously run out of cyberspace. stf-gone, here-gone, the bird-gone, thesamba-high tailing it, the fancy f.i.- who knows, myporscheparts.com- the lawyers are making up their minds, ebay-the last place he has any control over his postings. only thing left to do is warn the bidders and provide them with links. had enough you lurker?

k

How is he managing good feedback? I guess if people dont know what they are getting they say ok it was delivered and then they realize they were screwed once they start building the crap a month later?

I had no idea who this guy was and almost bought a motor from him, but everyone here saved my butt. By posting about him.
lapuwali
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Jul 20 2005, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jul 20 2005, 03:03 PM)

k

How is he managing good feedback? I guess if people dont know what they are getting they say ok it was delivered and then they realize they were screwed once they start building the crap a month later?

I had no idea who this guy was and almost bought a motor from him, but everyone here saved my butt. By posting about him.

If you look, most of his feedback is as a BUYER, not a seller. He's only had a few auctions as a seller. He's sold 2-3 sets of those P&Cs, and if Bus buyers are getting them, they may be just fine. It's also possible (even likely) that the buyers haven't yet tried to use the parts, and thus don't yet know they're potentially getting shafted.
Jake Raby
My guess is that he HAD to resort to Ebay to sell his things since the entire cyber world is poised against him- rightfully so!

Looks like I'll have to start my own series of auctions to counter his tactic.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.