Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happiness is when your car looks less like a project...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jasons
Still a ways to go but I crossed a gratifying threshold this weekend when I installed my sail panel vinyl and trim. Nice to see new parts going on the car. I painted this in my driveway. It's 70's era Mercedes Robins Egg Blue.

Wheels are just project rollers, I have 15x7,8 Fuchs for it. Finishing those will be next, after I finish installing the rest of the door trim and rubber.

Before:

Click to view attachment

After:
Click to view attachment
jasons
The Front... Windshield is cracked so...

Click to view attachment
mate914
Looks great.... keep going...
Matt
Craigers17
Very cool! What kind of engine are you putt'n in there?
Costa05
I know what you mean about seeing progress. Nice to see another 914 in Arizona. There are a lot more here than I thought.

Rich
jasons
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Apr 5 2021, 02:40 PM) *

Very cool! What kind of engine are you putt'n in there?

2270, it's built along with a rebuilt 901, rebuilt Dellorto 45's. That reminds me... I need to get the tin together and powder coated.

QUOTE(Costa05 @ Apr 5 2021, 03:12 PM) *

I know what you mean about seeing progress. Nice to see another 914 in Arizona. There are a lot more here than I thought.

Rich

I have 2 of them and I know of 3 more basically within a mile of me. One is an original owner 2.0. Another is a guy that tried to buy one of mine and the last is a guy I see around and finally ran into outside In-N-Out.
Tdskip
Press on - thanks for the update!
RolinkHaus
Love the lights. What kind of flares are those?
Dion
I like it! aktion035.gif
jasons
QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ Apr 5 2021, 05:44 PM) *

Love the lights. What kind of flares are those?

Yeah the taillights are 914R which are a play on the 911R lights. Someone did a run of them a bunch of years ago. I'm guessing there were less than 10 sets of them made. I scored the front fogs of CL. They are legit Cibie IODE 45's. I don't know what flares they are. I bought the car as a rolling project. All the fiberglass fits OK, not perfect. I added glass lids and the rear trunk fits the worst. Not much I can do about it. The other stuff I tweaked and reshaped as much as I could stand to. Also the PO had done a lousy job fitting the flares so I had to rework that which included reshaping the outter flare arches to not be so huge. I filled and re-drilled the mounting holes. Also I repaired the hell hole, battery tray, rear trunk, passenger firewall, etc.

This is what it looked like when I brought it home.
Click to view attachment

PO put a fuel cell in it and cut the firewall to fit it.
Click to view attachment

I fixed that with a graft.
Click to view attachment

horizontally-opposed
Digging the look of this project! Front lighting game is strong, and love the color/flares, black bumpers, tie-downs, etc too. I even like the R taillights, which I only like in some applications (same goes for 911s)…but this car is a reminder that they can look very cool.

There's a functionality to this car that is seriously appealing. Can't wait to see it dialed in.
jaredmcginness
Looks really unique. I like the tails. Right car for them.

The second photo really shows off the blue! Keep it up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.