Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another one saved
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
My friend Greg sent me pics today of a 914 he got from his neighbor. It's a little modified and had a Chevy 350 in it. Luckily, he just happens to have a dirt track car with a hopped up Chevy 350. So he grabbed a Porsche gearbox from me and his monster engine, and track day it is!
Not sure how much of the body work he will keep but he is looking for some box flares if anyone has any they can cut off. You can drop them at my booth at Hershey so no shipping issues.
Another one saved!
Unobtanium-inc
He will also be looking to sell the wheels since he is going wider. I have some super wide ones he can use. I can bring the wheels to Hershey so no shipping issues there either.
bbrock
There are whale tails, and then there are WHALE TAILS. My goodness that gets your attention. Jumpy.gif
StarBear
Yay!!! Nice wheels.....
Root_Werks
Oh my, that one needs some touch up paint. Glad you found it!
bkrantz
QUOTE(bbrock @ Apr 6 2021, 06:46 PM) *

There are whale tails, and then there are WHALE TAILS. My goodness that gets your attention. Jumpy.gif

Yup. That tail is almost cartoon size.
bkrantz
On the other hand, put a monster small block in but leave the stock wheels on. That could be very entertaining.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bbrock @ Apr 6 2021, 07:46 PM) *

SHAVE THE WHALES!

Whale tales look wrong on a 914. They don't match the body lines and the flat trunk puts them at a weird angle.

Superhawk996
Personally, I don't mind seeing whale tails . . . . wait . . . I meant the other kind.
SirAndy
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

bretth
Yeah the duck tail is friendlier to the eyes if you really gotta have one.
jat914
I would be interested in the Fuchs wheels. Is there 4 of them? Let me know.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the perfect car for a GT steel flare replica

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Apr 6 2021, 05:38 PM) *

My friend Greg sent me pics today of a 914 he got from his neighbor. It's a little modified and had a Chevy 350 in it. Luckily, he just happens to have a dirt track car with a hopped up Chevy 350. So he grabbed a Porsche gearbox from me and his monster engine, and track day it is!
Not sure how much of the body work he will keep but he is looking for some box flares if anyone has any they can cut off. You can drop them at my booth at Hershey so no shipping issues.
Another one saved!

KELTY360
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 8 2021, 11:44 AM) *

IPB Image

With Mrs K and Toast I had to look twice to see the whale tail. happy11.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 8 2021, 11:44 AM) *

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Dang, get these whale tails up to high enough speed to create downforce and they would lift the front ends up off the road! A bit over done to me on a 914, I just don't like the look.
bbrock
Does this make my butt look big? blink.gif
R Dub
That's the exact same front bumper I have. Never seen it on another 914 so that's kinda cool
wonkipop
that whale tail must weigh a ton.
even in so called light weight fibre glass. (and married bog).
i suppose thats downforce?

looks like sh%t - regardless.

dr. 914 is right. turn it into a GT clone.

jesus people did bad things to piech's masterpiece.
but its proof he was 50 years in front of his time?
but at same time secretly pleased america is full of bogans too, beerchug.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Apr 9 2021, 04:47 AM) *

that whale tail must weigh a ton.
even in so called light weight fibre glass. (and married bog).
i suppose thats downforce?

looks like sh%t - regardless.

dr. 914 is right. turn it into a GT clone.

jesus people did bad things to piech's masterpiece.
but its proof he was 50 years in front of his time?
but at same time secretly pleased america is full of bogans too, beerchug.gif

I had to google "bogans" to understand you.

(Said with a heavy Texas accent) Y'all Aussies talk funny! biggrin.gif

Clay

Root_Werks
What's the plan for this 914 Clay? Get'er back on the road as stock or open the creativity box?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.