Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need dimensions to repro stickers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
I posted this in the Originality forum but that doesn't seem to get much traffic these days. I'm going to see if Carbone will reproduce a couple of decals I need for my resto and need dimensions to tell him what size to make. The following pics are from Jeff Bowlsby's site:

1. HO Recall sticker for battery cover
IPB Image

2. 2 liter valve adjustment sticker. I bought one of these from AA but frankly, wasn't acceptable quality (not printed on foil and trimming cut off part of the art work. ).
IPB Image

Also, a higher res image of the valve sticker would help get a higher quality reproduction I think. Any help appreciated. beerchug.gif
Superhawk996
Unfortunately not a picture of a 914 but relevant to the topics at hand.

Click to view attachment

Might need to update the battery sticker for 2021

Click to view attachment

Probably not the traffic you wanted laugh.gif

If you get Carbone to reproduce the valve sticker I'll order a couple too.
914_7T3
@bbrock

I thought we went through this already laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
Send an old sticker to CarBone, he'll custom make you one.
bbrock
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 8 2021, 10:19 AM) *

I would if I could. I have neither of these.

Thanks @914_7T3 . Sorry if you sent dimensions and I forgot. I forgot your battery cover came with a sticker. Show off! biggrin.gif

@Superhawk996 gotcha covered. The battery probably needs a CA Prop 65 warning too.
Jett
QUOTE(bbrock @ Apr 8 2021, 11:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 8 2021, 10:19 AM) *

I would if I could. I have neither of these.

Thanks @914_7T3 . Sorry if you sent dimensions and I forgot. I forgot your battery cover came with a sticker. Show off! biggrin.gif

@Superhawk996 gotcha covered. The battery probably needs a CA Prop 65 warning too.

When you nail this, we would like to buy some of the extras smile.gif
Mark Henry
Carbone charges less if there's enough ordered and he can add it to his stock. Worth asking him.
bbrock
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 8 2021, 04:18 PM) *

Carbone charges less if there's enough ordered and he can add it to his stock. Worth asking him.

Will do. I'm happy to organize a group buy if it makes sense. Carbone has been oddly silent for a couple days. Usually he replies very quickly.

Still looking for dims for the valve sticker is anyone has one.
bbrock
Carbone got back to me on the stickers and he would like a higher quality image for the valve sticker. If anyone has one of these in good shape they could snap a good image of, it would help us out.

Also, if you want either of these stickers, let me know and I'll see if we can get a better group price. He quoted me 20euro assuming I only wanted one of each, but it is unclear whether that was for each sticker or the pair. Will update when I know more.
Mark Henry
I'm surprised that he doesn't have the valve sticker already. I'm pretty sure it the same as the type one .006/.006 sticker.
Cal
Impact Decals in the UK already make these.... @bbrock

https://www.impactdecals.co.uk/products/por...y-warning-decal
bbrock
QUOTE(Cal @ Apr 10 2021, 02:24 PM) *

Impact Decals in the UK already make these.... @bbrock

https://www.impactdecals.co.uk/products/por...y-warning-decal

Nice! Thanks @Cal
bbrock
Hi Folks. Car-bone is ready to reproduce the valve adjustment sticker, but I still don't have correct dimensions for it. If anyone who has one could grab some measurements, I'd sure appreciate it. beerchug.gif
JeffBowlsby
Here you go. 75mm x 36mm

The photo distorts the illustrated dimensions slightly due to the proximity of the lens to the subject.

I would buy some of these stickers when they become available.
bbrock
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ May 24 2021, 07:18 AM) *

Here you go. 75mm x 36mm

The photo distorts the illustrated dimensions slightly due to the proximity of the lens to the subject.

I would buy some of these stickers when they become available.

Woohoo! Thanks Jeff. I'll get this info to car-bone and get this going again. beerchug.gif
jims914
QUOTE(bbrock @ Apr 8 2021, 06:57 AM) *

I posted this in the Originality forum but that doesn't seem to get much traffic these days. I'm going to see if Carbone will reproduce a couple of decals I need for my resto and need dimensions to tell him what size to make. The following pics are from Jeff Bowlsby's site:

1. HO Recall sticker for battery cover
IPB Image

2. 2 liter valve adjustment sticker. I bought one of these from AA but frankly, wasn't acceptable quality (not printed on foil and trimming cut off part of the art work. ).
IPB Image

Also, a higher res image of the valve sticker would help get a higher quality reproduction I think. Any help appreciated. beerchug.gif

Hello,
I am interested in the 2.0 valve adjustment one. There must be a lot of people that would be interested also.
Thanks Jim
bbrock
I placed the order last night and he already had a proof waiting for me this morning. Hopefully he will reduce the price after they are made. He did not offer me a group buy discount and charged me $20 Euro EACH for two of them which is the custom sticker price. I'll ask him if he'll put them in regular stock now so others can order at more reasonable cost.

The proofs look great to me.

Click to view attachment
jims914
QUOTE(bbrock @ May 26 2021, 07:01 AM) *

I placed the order last night and he already had a proof waiting for me this morning. Hopefully he will reduce the price after they are made. He did not offer me a group buy discount and charged me $20 Euro EACH for two of them which is the custom sticker price. I'll ask him if he'll put them in regular stock now so others can order at more reasonable cost.

The proofs look great to me.

Click to view attachment

$20.00 can't be the VIN tag ?
bbrock
QUOTE(jims914 @ May 26 2021, 04:31 PM) *

$20.00 can't be the VIN tag ?

$20 was for each valve sticker. VIN was $85 which I did not think is bad.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have several hundred of both 1.7 and 2.0 valve adjust stickers on the shelf as well as 200 each of all of the different unpunched dot stickers if anyone needs immediate service
bbrock
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 27 2021, 07:52 AM) *

we have several hundred of both 1.7 and 2.0 valve adjust stickers on the shelf as well as 200 each of all of the different unpunched dot stickers if anyone needs immediate service

But as we just discussed, your 2L valve stickers are on white background. I don't question that was a background for original stickers as you would know much better than me, but mine was on silver and all the photos I've seen were on foil, so that's what I'm after.
Jim C
Are these the correct valve adjustment stickers for all 2.0s? Jeff Bowlsby shows a different sticker for 1975-1976 2.0 (see E3C at https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PLM.htm)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.