Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about 914Rubber speaker pods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
If you’ve installed these, I’m wondering if they make a difference in leg room or swinging your legs around to enter or exit.
Steve
No effect on leg room, just getting in and out I bump them occasionally
Coondog
What they don’t do is break if you kick it. smile.gif
914werke
Curious about the new plastic version. I have a couple pair of the OG FG ones James made & they are pretty sturdy. So much so I wouldn't be concerned with speaker vibration or even cracking / mounting. I haven't seen the new plastic ones
HansJan
QUOTE(Coondog @ Apr 10 2021, 12:39 PM) *

What they don’t do is break if you kick it. smile.gif

agree.gif
trick-e
A. Do they seal all the way around when installed? The factory’s left an open gap at the top. Terrible for sound.
Steve
QUOTE(trick-e @ Apr 10 2021, 09:07 PM) *

A. Do they seal all the way around when installed? The factory’s left an open gap at the top. Terrible for sound.

Yes they suck... you can put a foam piece behind the speaker and it helps, but it does not sound as good as holes in the doors. A subwoofer helps remove the tinny sound.
Mark Henry
As to the OP's question they're about the same, they stick out a little more and I can see you sometimes hit them, but no more than the stock pods.

I have both, I like the F/G pods because they're a way heavier material, but that said I haven't had issue with the plastic pods.
stickyfingers
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 11 2021, 08:22 AM) *

As to the OP's question they're about the same, they stick out a little more and I can see you sometimes hit them, but no more than the stock pods.

I have both, I like the F/G pods because they're a way heavier material, but that said I haven't had issue with the plastic pods.

Too bad they are out of stock. Waiting for them to get them in stock so I can order a set.
GeorgeRud
I certainly was impressed with the original fiberglass ones, but the design should still work well with the new plastic ones as it is nice to be able to mount a more substantial speaker. Since I always drove with the top removed, I never really had reason to pay attention to the sound quality, only volume.
sjhenry1075
I just installed a set a few months ago and I can tell you that they do not seal all the way around. With that being said, the sound quality isn't too bad, I can still hear mine with the top down.

Installation was easy, just needed a hole saw.
Root_Werks
Installed mine just a few weeks ago. I had installed sets of the old FG units years back and have no complaints FG vs. Plastic.

FG might be a little better for sound? Thicker and more ridged.

I don't scrub the speaker pods any more or less than factory ones.

rfinegan
user speakers with covers, you will kick them form time to time
Mikey914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 10 2021, 07:41 AM) *

If you’ve installed these, I’m wondering if they make a difference in leg room or swinging your legs around to enter or exit.

These are technically 1/8" bigger in that we put a lip on it to allow for a slightly larger magnet. Other than that they take about the same room as stock that you would cut a hole in and mount a 6-1/2" round speaker (say 3/4"? lager)

They mount the same as stock and do not require a door hole to be cut.

We are currently doing another run on these now and should have product end of this week. I'll let you know as soon as we have stock.

These are very similar to the fiberglass, they do allow for a larger magnet and are actually less a little less expensive than the fiberglass.

If there is interest I could set up a GB.
stickyfingers
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 13 2021, 09:31 PM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 10 2021, 07:41 AM) *

These are technically 1/8" bigger in that we put a lip on it to allow for a slightly larger magnet. Other than that they take about the same room as stock that you would cut a hole in and mount a 6-1/2" round speaker (say 3/4"? lager)

They mount the same as stock and do not require a door hole to be cut.

We are currently doing another run on these now and should have product end of this week. I'll let you know as soon as we have stock.

These are very similar to the fiberglass, they do allow for a larger magnet and are actually less a little less expensive than the fiberglass.

If there is interest I could set up a GB.

I'm in for a set. Been waiting for these to come back in stock. Thank you!
stickyfingers
Just following up to see if there has been progress made in getting these out to the website - I've got OCD looking for these. LOL.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(stickyfingers @ Apr 29 2021, 09:17 AM) *

Just following up to see if there has been progress made in getting these out to the website - I've got OCD looking for these. LOL.

I'm going to be making an order in the next few weeks, if you want to piggyback on the shipping.
stickyfingers
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 29 2021, 03:26 PM) *

I'm going to be making an order in the next few weeks, if you want to piggyback on the shipping.

Yes please - I'm in for 1 set.

Thank you!
stickyfingers
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 29 2021, 03:26 PM) *

Hey Mark. I am going to order these on my own given that I have a few other items on my list that I need to order from 914Rubber. Appreciate the offer.

The pods are in stock now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.