Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car and wife
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fixer34
I've posted the story a couple times over the years. First the six in July '77; then the wife 40 years ago today. Still have both...

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Apr 11 2021, 02:29 PM) *

I've posted the story a couple times over the years. First the six in July '77; then the wife 40 years ago today. Still have both...

Click to view attachment

Congratulations!

If she puts up with your 914 addiction, you are a lucky man.

smilie_pokal.gif
73-914
Congrats on 40 years together
Cairo94507
Congratulations on 4 decades! That is a real accomplishment in a time when it seems marriages are increasingly measured in months. beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
You look so tall in that picture. flag.gif
Big Len
Amazing. Best of luck for the next 40.
Unobtanium-inc
A smart and prudent man knows when he's lucky and holds on with everything he's got.

Congrats on 40 years.

I've had the car for 15 and the wife for 20, but don't plan on ever getting rid of either.
930cabman
Life is good, thanks for posting, wife #2 encourages my addiction
Mark Henry
Congratulations!
Thirty two years and the wife bought me my 914 over 20 years ago.
wonkipop
mine didn't.

but...... i'm sure glad some folks did.

beerchug.gif

phil the greek who recently passed away was obsessed with land rovers.
his missus put up with it and also lasted 70+ years married to him.
a love story.

beerchug.gif

rick 918-S
smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif cheer.gif smlove2.gif
Rleog
.... and she’s still smiling! Congratulations.

You have both aged very well.
oakdalecurtis
Here I am dating my "wife to be" in the 70's with a 914 my neighbor would lend me for big dates....

Click to view attachment

Here we are in '77 getting hitched....

Click to view attachment

And here she is today in our '76 teener!

Click to view attachment
silverg
Just like 914s, she is better with age!
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(silverg @ Apr 12 2021, 09:25 AM) *

Just like 914s, she is better with age!

Wifey says “Thank you, I’ll take it!”
strawman
Congrats on four decades! Nancy and I married in September 1995, and I obtained my 1973 914 basket-case in March 2008. I just realized that we have owned that car for more than half of our marriage!

She quickly realized I am a car nut after we first met (I've owned almost 60 cars/motorcycles in my 55 years), and she's thankfully pretty supportive of my eclectic car pursuits. After joining me at the 2020 West Coast Ramble in Petaluma last November, she said she enjoyed the 914 camaraderie and love we have for our cars. She also said it'd be a good idea to buy a stock one while they're still somewhat affordable. Within a month (strike while the iron's hot!) I bought another 914 "for her" that I've steadily been reviving after its 16-year hibernation. She drove it for the first time two weekends ago, and she had the biggest grin on her face. It was love all over again.
d914
Congrats !!!! I made it 25 years and got out on good behavior.. Cant say she likes the 914 but we are still friends after 50 years any way!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.